Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:30:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus has not sold  (Read 4745 times)
busnut104

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2010, 07:24:25 PM »

Well I have had the bus up for sale at my sister in laws business for around 4 weeks now, Advertised in several local papers. and the auto trader and craigslist. Had at least 4 people that wanted to see  the bus but never showed. To tell you the truth I'm just getting plane tired of the hole thing, It is a shame but I'm just not going to use it. and not to even think about the money lost. kinda like the stock market. I lower the price  here locally from 79900. to 67500. I have been thinking about lowering every week 500. till sold or till I lose my nerve. and then I will jack the price back up and park it for another year. What do you all think.  Just tired of people that does not show, I really do not have the time.   
gus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 07:53:06 PM »

Bus conversions are not easy to sell anytime, especially now.

I don't know what bus you have but if it is a 4104 that is a pretty high price.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 11:16:21 PM »

Do you need to have a fire sale?    Right now in this world our buses are a luxury.   People can't make there house payments let alone qualify for a bus loan.   

You can put it on Ebay and start the bidding at $20K and put your reserve where you need it.   
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 04:15:27 AM »

As others have said, selling a bus right now is tough. Have you thought of listing it in the BCM?

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 04:32:37 AM »

http://williamsport.craigslist.org/rvs/1771005361.html

Here is the Craigslist ad.  I can see doing a better job of advertising.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 04:57:53 AM »

I think that's how I would post it if my wife was making me sell it and I did not want to. Personally I would not call an add like that. If you were going to try and get $70,000 from me you best at least tell me what kind it is and some pictures to lure me to a 4 to 10hr drive to see it. I think you need to get your pictures together and let us help you write something up.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 05:05:19 AM »

That and without looking at it you have to remember that a MCI 8 conversion doesn't sell quickly priced in the 30,000 dollar range.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 05:08:24 AM »

BLUNT..you dreaming on price!!I have a 89 prevost with 2 slides..granite floors ,documented engine and much more ...would be happy to get 45,000 in this market... Sorry to be bearer of bad news...but would have to be pristine to bring 1/2 of what you want...Didn't say it is not but market not there...

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 07:44:20 AM »

I wish you all the best in selling your coach, but, there is way too much competition in that price range.
Usually, what the people with that kind of cash seem to want is slides, 102 wide, 4 stroke turbo engines, automatic transmissions, name brand recognition, etc.

I'd suggest finding a broker who specializes in selling expensive toys & pay him a sales commission if it sells. He will know how to best market your coach.
Obviously simple adds & parking it on the side of the road isn't working.

Having a bus conversion is a hobby, & hobbies exist to absorb all available cash, not make money.   Sad

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 10:09:42 AM »

Just FYI, I have cut the price of my 4903 shell to $3000, and still only tire-kickers.

And this is in California.
bowmaga
Betty Owner 1

Super Betty

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 11:04:13 AM »

If you want, you can store it on my parents farm up here in Ohio for the next couple years....you can put a for sale sign it.  They get a lot of traffic down their country road.  I'll take it upon myself, volunteerly of course, to take it out 4-5 times a year and drive it around for a 3-6 day peroid, with the for sale sign in it of course, trying to get some free advertisement for you.  Heading to MIS speedway in a few days, if you want, drive it up here and I'll take it up and park it in the infield where I'll guarentee I'll get you some lookers and give multiple tours AND probably some chicks in bikini's to pose with it, for future advertising, and not cost to you.  I would bet i'd probably get a few offers for you.  We have 7 lots together in the infield, plenty of room to park it.  Just offering a friendly gesture.  I'm here to help!!!!  I wish someone would have offered me this offer when I was selling mine, would have made it so much easier!

Greg Bowman
1979 MCI MC9
josephgranzier
4106 fan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »

So with the $500 weekly deduction ,in 135 weeks it's a freebee?
or after 90 to 100 weeks it will sell? Wink

This is a tough hobby , so many fellas put their heart and soul and hard earned cash into these units and find its not a investment . We read about it all the time.

Someone else said it better than I and I think of it when i 'm selling one of my cars or trucks.
" Some things are priced to sell and some things are priced to keep"

Best of luck , I hope you take up the offer and get plenty of pictures - they'll help

bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 08:11:09 PM »

I have only had my bus for a year but had been in the recreational (boat & yacht) industry for years. You will not 95% of the time buy a recreational vehicle for enjoyment and get your investment back in the form of cash. I look at it as an investment in mine & my family's enjoyment and quality of life. And for allot of us that tackle a conversion on one of these enormous toys get enjoyment and pleasure out of each accomplishment that gets us closer to making it the traveling vehicle of our dreams.

We have taken several trips in ours as basically a steel tent (see photo below). Even if I had to dump it right now for $500.00 to put food on the table (god willing that will never happen  Wink I have given my children great experiences and memories that they will always have of traveling across country in a cool old GMC Buffalo  Grin And that my friends is worth every penny I have spent on her.

Happy Travels and good luck selling your memory maker,
Bryan

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 06:26:41 AM »

I have only had my bus for a year but had been in the recreational (boat & yacht) industry for years. You will not 95% of the time buy a recreational vehicle for enjoyment and get your investment back in the form of cash. I look at it as an investment in mine & my family's enjoyment and quality of life. And for allot of us that tackle a conversion on one of these enormous toys get enjoyment and pleasure out of each accomplishment that gets us closer to making it the traveling vehicle of our dreams.

We have taken several trips in ours as basically a steel tent (see photo below). Even if I had to dump it right now for $500.00 to put food on the table (god willing that will never happen  Wink I have given my children great experiences and memories that they will always have of traveling across country in a cool old GMC Buffalo  Grin And that my friends is worth every penny I have spent on her.

Happy Travels and good luck selling your memory maker,
Bryan

I know what you paid you highway robber Grin

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 06:28:31 AM »

I agree with Bryan. We started with a seated coach a little over 10 years ago. We have probably invested around $40-50,000 over that time (not county about 5-6000 hours of labor). Could I get that much for it now, very doubtful. But, the friends we have made, places we have seen, and family time are priceless.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: