Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 12:23:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus has not sold  (Read 4868 times)
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 06:54:04 AM »

Wally,

Shh! Don't tell anyone  Grin I might want to sell it for a profit one day  Grin LOL!
Seriously though, I know my old Buffalo is not as desired as some others but I like its character and the classic lines. Everyone that has seen all the rivets say man that thing looks like it is built well  Shocked I just tell them if it had wings and could get up to about 180mph it just might fly  Cheesy Cheesy

Jack,

I figure by the time I am done I will have somewhere near the same amount into mine. But with only 78K & change on the entire motor & chassis it should last me the rest of my life. That is unless I win the lottery and can splurge, lol!

Bryan
ToppDog

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 12:07:53 AM »

To the OP: I found the older ad with pics.  It's a nice bus.  Too bad I don't have that kind of cash.
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 07:41:39 PM »

Well I put a new add on Craigslist, Pa. let's see if that is any better. I know the other add did not get good reviews from here. I did adjust the price, I will profitable have to make several adjustments in this economy. There were some post that implied that I was trying to make a profit. If you call asking almost 90,000. less then is invested then I guess I'm.     
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 08:34:19 PM »

Well, give us the link to see it. Roll Eyes
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 08:38:49 PM »

Is this it?

http://williamsport.craigslist.org/rvs/1803910636.html

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »

That's It.
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 03:07:51 AM »

interior looks dark like a old bar from the 70's may be a nice bus may have a lot of stuff bu not worth over $25,000 in this economy  people want plush at your price   leather and fancy walls. they want new  not outdated.  sorry   just my 2 cents worth.

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 03:23:31 AM »

interior looks dark like a old bar from the 70's may be a nice bus may have a lot of stuff bu not worth over $25,000 in this economy  people want plush at your price   leather and fancy walls. they want new  not outdated.  sorry   just my 2 cents worth.

Lets' be careful with negative comments, that's shows a lot of hard work and sweat went into it. It's best to see it in person, I'm sure it's very nice from what I could see and the engine and tranny work would make someone a nice ride. Those are big bucks!

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 05:05:25 AM »

Thats a much better ad. Coach looks sharp, more places you can get it posted the better. Get it on the all the bus boards, there was a couple looking for something similar not long ago.

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 05:19:14 AM »

busnut104, I like the ad and the photos are a good start at letting folks know what a great bus you have for sale.  Might consider setting up a photobucket account (or other free photo service) and post several more photos.  You can then change the ad to include a link to that page.

Interior looks fine to me from the one photo. 

Like others, I can only hope you get your price or something close to it.  In a market a few years ago, it would be a good price.  I have seen a few buses go for a "reasonable" price in the past several months, so maybe you will find the right buyer.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 05:22:53 AM »

I like that add 10 times better. That is a very nice coach indeed and NOW any potential buyer knows more about it. You should get some tire kickers now.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 05:45:32 AM »

Bill,
My opinion - if it matters . . . .

You have a nice coach & we don't mean to minimize your efforts or expenses in creating this work of art. But, times have changed & that limits the potential buyers.

In my opinion, Craig's list caters to the frugal & I don't see a frugal person as a likely buyer of your coach - not because your coach isn't nice, but because in that price range, there are many offerings that have more modern features - slides, 4-stroke, etc. . . . Also, if I was looking, EBay would be the first place I looked.

Since the market for your coach is so small, you really need to make it easier for the buyer to 'sell it' to his/ her significant other. This will involve spending some money on advertising it. You will need to put the same effort into selling it as you did creating it if you want to maximize results.

I would suggest putting a lot of photos (100 + ) on a photo hosting site and put a video on you tube (so the buyer can see & hear the engine & possibly the view riding down the road).
Have a bank approved appraisal done - this will make it easier for a long distance buyer to arrange funding before flying out to see the coach. Then, they can simply drive it home.

List it on EBay & give links to the photo hosting site & the video. You will definitely reach more people on EBay, just be sure to set your reserve high enough so you don't sell yourself short.

Good luck.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 06:15:11 AM »

Some sad commentaries............it seems everyone wants something for free.........that's a darn nice looking bus......with hours of hard work!  It's extremely well equipped!  If you want junk buy junk, don't bash something because your cheap!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:34:55 AM by muddog16 » Logged

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 06:28:17 AM »

Nice looking bus. I think it's a fair price, but it may take some time to find the right buyer. More photos are needed to really show it off and generate interest. The more information, the better
to find someone who appreciates the whole package and price.

If you need help with photos or setting up a more detailed ad, there are plenty here who will help. Just ask.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 07:17:21 AM »

That is a good looking bus the problem he has is so many factory conversions on the market you can buy a 92 -94 lo mileage Prevost factrory conversion with all the bells and whistles for under 70gs now with a little shopping and it is not going to get better with the tight money and fuel prices on the rise.
I do hope he sells and he knows it will be a money losing deal but sometimes you cut your loses and move on a bus is one of the few things that cost you money just sitting still .

good luck 

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: