Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 07:30:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windshield Fan  (Read 1248 times)
kwood

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2010, 04:10:19 PM »

I purchased a 24v fan to blow air on the windshield to prevent fogging.  I have a '79 mci9 and can see where a fan was mounted in the past.  Any ideas where to wire this to so as no to blow a fuse?

Thanks,

Kevin
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »

That is the drivers fan.  Windshield fog is removed by running the defroster with or without heat.  Make no mistake....you need at least one fan for the driver and one or two for the navigator.  GO WITH TWO EACH.

John the sweater

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 07:32:24 PM »

On the MCI-9, there are a lot of 24vdc opportunities under the switch panel to left of the driver.  Gain access to this from the outside of the bus.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
kwood

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 08:43:49 PM »

I looked in the panel and it is a snakes nest of wires but it is easy to connect to.  Is there any good terminal or some I should stay away from?

Kevin
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »

Kevin,

Look for 24vdc buss, it will have many wires going to it.  Take a meter and mearsure between any ground and a large bass looking terminal.  Sorry my bus is not near by or I could give you better directions.  Once you find 24volts you should be safe to connect to it.
The fan should have an inline fuse, be sure to use it.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
kwood

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »

Found the 24v bus.  Fan works great.  Thanks for the advice.

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: