Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 07:19:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, I give up, someone hold my hand please and tell me how to post photo's here  (Read 3850 times)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2006, 03:11:44 PM »

Ok, you can see I am getting very, very uptight, imagine that!! Please tell me the short cuts of posting one or more photo's in a thread. I went to the HELP part but good grief do we have to joinn that thing too in order to get help information from it?? I tried a search for posting photo's but got information I don't really want. All this hi tech crap just irritates me at times, sign up for this, sign up for that, and this and that. Yep, frustrated!! I made all my photo's (125 pixels wide X 93 Pixels high). What size should they be to be allowable to post here?? Maybe this information on the help desk?

Thanks to whom ever holds my hand in this. I appreciate it. Go ahead and laugh!!!
Gary

Gary
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 03:33:16 PM »

I don't think anyone's laughing Gary...it's just not like you to get this frustrated.  We'll blame it on the heat! Wink

Looking forweard to your pics.....

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:57:42 PM »

First it was the religious men who held the power, then the financial men, and now the technoids.

I look forward to the next group that will rise up and CRUSH the computer techies for all their obtuse instructions.

(Disclaimer: not counting those techies who genuinely know how to HELP dumb knobs such as myself who have no inclination, just want to use the #$%#$^#$ computer, not make love to it!)

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 04:04:51 PM »

Thanks for the support Warror, believe it or not I am sitting here waiting for a reply from someone for at least a few more minutes on how to do this. I look stupid!! Yep, feel it too!!
Gary

Gary
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 04:13:40 PM »

Well, in a nutshell, you must have your photo on a server someplace (not your home computer unless it's addressable from the internet via a domain url).

Then, select the button above that says "Insert Image" (second from left, bottom row). This button will insert a start and end tag "img" which are surrounded by square brackets "[" and "]".

Once you have the two tags, place your cursor between the two tags (i.e. between the "]" of the "img" tag, and the "[" of the "/img" tag), and type or paste the full address of the photo.

So, '['img']'http://www.gumpydog.com/bus/Uplink/040617.c.truffle_cat.JPG'['/img']' (without the single quotes around the square brackets) shows up as

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 04:24:24 PM »

Or in theory, you can select "Additional Options", select "Browse" button, and find your photo on your pc harddrive. Select it and hit "Post".  Looks like the file must be less than 128K.

See if it works...

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Dallas

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 06:12:22 PM »

You've gotten some great advice there Gary!
Personally, I use the 'additional options' button to post pictures on this server. That way you can use your home PC to post them with.
the photos must be less than 128Kb or no more than 4 photos with a total of 128Kb.
Then again, you can add whatever pictures you can the first time, then go back to "Modify" and add more, which breaks the 128Kb rule.

Good luck.
Dallas
gus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 07:02:22 PM »

The problem with this is that I can't seem to ever get a photo less than 128kb even with my little cheap camera set at its lowest resolution!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 07:36:57 PM »

Most pix must be resized with something like Photoshop or other pix editing software.
Gary, your pix should post with the sizes you have. The "Additional Options" > "Browse" is how I get mine posted.
Just click on the "additional options" and browse your computor for your individual photos you wish to post. When you resize them, store them in an area that you can go right too...just click on the name of the pix and it loads it up. DO NOT preview the uploads...it will toss all of your work. Just post it and it will go. If your trying to "Preview" the photo...that has not worked for me. If you need to make mods...edit the work. Or edit prior to adding the photo. Add the photo as the last step.
Should appear almost immediately...unless your on a dial up. You got broadband don't you? Cannot imagine that you loaded all those excellent Timmonsville pix on a dial up.

Good luck with the pix post. They should post just like your webpage...
Gary, try to not figure it out until Timmonsville...it'll give us something else to do!
Jack will have to do a seminar on uploading photos!
JR
BTW, Gump, your kitty's eating your tubing. Chewing little bitty kitty holes all over. Wink

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 07:44:31 PM »

Hi Gary,

Earlier posts are correct.  Nobody is laughing.  This is how I feel when I must constantly ask for VERRRY basic advice on my bus.

Does this post help - it is from the Help board.  You don't have to join that board for help.  It is on this site.

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=179.0

Let us know - it gives advice for FREE picture resizing. Also, many of your fellow busnuts, myself included, will be glad to resize your photos until you get the hang of it yourself.

Please let us know!

Kind Regards, Phil
 Smiley

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 08:13:09 PM »

I give up, I give up, I give up!!!!!!!!!
Gary

Gary
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 08:23:32 PM »

good grief!!

Gary
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 08:29:15 PM »

once more!

Gary
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 08:31:25 PM »

again, keep changing pixels in computer to get one photo anyhow.

Gary
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 08:53:44 PM »

Ok, here goes, 4 photo's.

Gary
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: