Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 02:06:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevost belt tensioner air springs.  (Read 1523 times)
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:21:50 PM »

In my notes I have the info for the part no., for the air bags that Prevost uses for a belt tensioner. 

The reason I have this info is that they are supposed to make excellent air bag/vibration dampeners for gensets, but, I don't have any physical info on them. Size, heighth, load capacity, mounting type, etc.

If someone has used these on their genset i would like to know a little aboout them.

Provost part no. 950208.  My profile has my email address, or post here for the benefit of all.

Thanks in advance because I know someone will help.

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 09:11:03 AM »

I've never seen a air bag used as a belt tensioner, Prevost does use and air cylinder for tensioning their belts.
Kristinsgrandpa

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 11:39:01 AM »

Here is where I got my info:

http://www.busnut.com/bbs/messages/233/12320.html

Posted by Jon W, Jan 14,2006  8:08 PM

I've seen it posted before, but only went back so far, in the BNO archives searching for it.

The part no. listed is a Goodyear air bag and is carried by Mohawk Mfg and list it for under $40 in their 2002 catalog. McMasters-Carr also lists a similar item for over $82. That is why I'm interested in the Prevost item.

Thanks anyway.

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
BJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 03:11:53 PM »

we have two prevolts one a 95 and the other 98. Both have small air bags to lift the air cond comp to engage and to also engage the radiator fan When the air reaches pop off volume.
prevosman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 03:58:22 PM »

I'll dig up the part numbers on the belt tensioners. They are Goodyear. I'll also see if I can find a part number on the airbags under my generator.

I don't think the belt tensioners are substantial enough to carry the generator, but if a small generator were used they might work.

Jon W.

Jon Wehrenberg
Knoxville TN
1997 Prevost Liberty
Kristinsgrandpa

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 07:23:50 PM »

Thanks BJ and Jon W.  This genset is pretty heavy (15 KW) so it will have to be something substantial. McMasters-Carr lists weight ratings but are pricey.

I saw pictures of one setup but dont remember the size of the genset.

Ed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: