Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 10:25:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vacation time for an old guy  (Read 1800 times)
cody

« on: June 13, 2010, 08:34:48 PM »

I've decided to take a break from the life of being a slacker and try to do something worthwhile for a change, I went and got the patterns from the skanee house today to whack together lawn chairs that we're going to peddle at a ridiculus price to the tourists and other people with more money than brains.  I'm donating the material and labor and the money is all going to help a little guy with a birth defect that is messing up his life, so if I disappear from the board for a few days or so now and then it's just me being a pain in the rear at flea markets and stuff, for some reason I've had an empty feeling that I couldn't explain or get rid of, it appears I really haven't been holding up my end of the life deal or whatever it is that I'm supposed to be involved in so, maybe this will help, bus, bus, bus, ok now does it fit in? lol.
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 08:55:41 PM »

Sounds nice! Good for you and the little guy  Wink What first got me thinking about full timing was a couple I met at a swap meet. I was selling stuff in a spot and they pulled up next to me in a large motorhome. They pulled out their awning and opened some of their bays. They then hung leather purses all around the awning. They said they full time and go to Mexico to buy the purses, then sold them at swap meets all over the country. I think what you are doing is very, very cool!!

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
cody

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/content.detail/id/510195.html      this is the little guy, the nice thing is that he's just a happy kid, he doesn't even realize how unique he is or what a battle he has ahead of him, just a happy kid that likes everyone and especially air horns lol, so thats my plan for a while.
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 12:39:58 AM »

That's great thing to do.  You made my day.

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 09:57:13 AM »

Cody and all, I have been pondering this situation for a while. this being a very worthy cause and all, why not try and put a rally together with all proceeds to benefit the the little guy. Seems to me with the amount of folks here this should be do-able, what say y'all? what would it take? Just trying help Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
cody

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 10:54:55 AM »

Any help they can get is appreciated, the information is all in the site I posted, I've got my particular projects I'm working on for them so my hands are kinda full right now.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 05:14:36 PM »

Cody,
If you are looking for a project to donate proceeds from I might have a small one.

I need a butcher block top for the cabinet we built around the new stainless dishwasher we just installed in my kitchen here at the new place.

I couldn't find a standard tape measure. But I used a metric one and it's 71 cm X 71 cm.

You know I don't know squat about wood, and I know you do. So I'll leave it up too you as to what ya use and how ya do it! (but I do know buses need an engine access in the floor! Wink)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
cody

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »

BK, is that the top of the dishwasher or the size you want the top made too?  My bus has an engine? Shocked  71x71cm is 28 inches by 28 inches, are you sure on that measurement?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:40:58 PM by cody » Logged
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 07:11:10 PM »

I would help, but as they say "charity begins at home". My son is 17 years old and had a potential career in baseball. But within a 2 week period last September he was unable to walk. Long story short........ he has an extremely rare disease that was only discovered in 1934 and has only 12 documented cases of it since then. He has been evaluated for a partial hip replacement but his hip is too messed up and now he needs to be evaluated for a full hip replacement instead. He will need one every 15-20 years for the rest of his life just to be able to walk. Additionally, my daughter is mentally disabled since birth and is 19 years old now but she is more like a 6 year old and I will be taking care of her for the rest of my life. Nonetheless I do applaud you for helping this child  Smiley

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
cody

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 07:41:55 PM »

I can certainly understand what your going thru, when it's all said and done what really matters is not how nice your bus is or how many dollar bills you piled up but rather how you lived your life and what you did to make the lives of those around you just a little bit better.  You've earned a place in our prayers and I applaud you for taking the time to love and care for a special needs child, so many now find homes for these special children, all they ask for is love and offer unconditional love in return. 
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 07:48:09 PM »

I went back and read my post again....... how depressing!!! LOL, Im sorry My kids mean the world to me and both of them are very special and I love them with all my heart and soul. I got this bus for them, really....... especially my son so that he could learn new skills to help him through life. We are BOTH learning. And we are learning from the people who post here and at a couple of other boards. I would not trade my kids or my life or my bus for anything!!! Thank you for any prayers sent this way, ALL is appreciated!!!

cody

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 09:03:18 PM »

I guess we all have bad days now and then, I've never been able to time things properly, if I'm going to have a bad day it'll be at a really inconvienent time for me.  A couple of years ago I woke up with a really tight chest so I woke libby, and told her I thought maybe I needed to go to the hospital, I guess she figured she would schedule it in or make a note then went back to sleep, meanwhile my daughter was running with the car keys, I had a heck of a time keeping up with her but I did and she took me to the ER.  It was kinda interesting there until they hit me with the clot buster, I really don't remember much after that till the next morning when I woke up in the ICU at the regional hospital and they told me I had died twice, I thought that was kinda cool until I realized that nobody wanted me, apparently neither the good lord nor the devil wanted me cause there I was, all alive and stuff.  Then to make matters worse I was scheduled to be in columbus ohio for a bluegrass festival in a week or so, so I set about healing up as fast as I could, got it all done to my satisfaction in a few days and approached the doctor about going home, he hemmed and hawed for a while then finally told me that if I promised to sit in my chair and look out my window he'd let me go, I promised faithfully and that was on a wednsday, thursday I fueled the bus up and took off friday morning for columbus ohio sitting in my chair (the one with the steering wheel) and looked our my front window at the scenery going by at 70 MPH,  I knew then that all problems could be solved with a little thinking about them. I try to plan better now but every now and then I get surprised.
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 06:29:01 AM »

My father died in 1993. He had a triple bipass and the doctors said he would live 5 years longer. Dad was supposed to cut out bacon, red meat, etc. My dad refused to live like that. He said "life is short and he was going to live until he died and he was going to live his way". He went on and lived another 10 years eating and doing exactly as he wanted. He had a very full and happy life until the day he died. He is greatly missed by us that he left behind. He was a very happy man and very full of life....... if he had lived the way the doctors wanted him to I dont think he would have been the same person because he would not be happy. I dont blame you one bit for getting in the bus and driving  Wink

cody

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 09:35:59 PM »

An absolutely perfect day today, 2 lawn chairs went down the road today, a couple from tech came down and bought them for their camp, the lady said they were very eclectic, I told her nope, not even batteries, they just sit there, she looked at me strange but seemed quite happy with them.
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 12:31:17 AM »

Got some photos of the chairs? I would love to see them   Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: