Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 01:05:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: title and register in Montana??  (Read 2325 times)
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 06:29:18 PM »

Well let's see I live in montana ,(miles city ) I took my Reg , title , proof of Ins . and drivers lic , weight slip and driver lic and paid the fee and got my plates . as far as a LLC  we looked into it and had to show a Res . but that's as far as we took it .

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 07:36:19 PM »

With LLC corps the only advantage is for a partnership they were never intended for a individuals use.
The IRS gives you the choice to pay taxes as Partnership or a Corporation if you do one better be sure to have it right with 2 or more involved I'll stick with S corp

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 10:57:58 AM »

As usual it appears the posters thread has been expanded beyond what he asked.

I would caution anyone reading these answers to be careful what you do in attempts to evade fees taxes etc. by conducting transactions in more favorable states.

A pertinent example is licensing RVs in South Dakota because it's cheap and we have no state income tax. Currently there are ongoing attempts by the office holders to "adjust" those fees to more accurately reflect the fees charged in surrounding states and address the "problem" of "out of staters getting away with something".

Under the new rules for Drivers Licenses, to my understanding, are requirements for utility bills and other items that prove one is a "Resident" of the state where they are seeking registration.

It appears home states are attempting to close gaps where their residents are evading responsibilities by claiming residency in more advantageous places. There may also be some "criminal" activity in doing this.

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »

As I see it, if you are a fulltimer and not spending 6 months of a year in any particular state, you can seek out whichever state works best for you and establish residence there.  If you plan to live in one state though, pretending you are a resident of another is unwise.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: