Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 12, 2017, 11:31:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP;oil in water  (Read 2060 times)
rip

Ignore
« on: June 15, 2010, 08:31:27 AM »

I am on my way to Co. and when I was checking my fluid levels this morning I found oil in my overflow tank.I was testing the anti freeze and everything looked fine,but when I checked to how much water I had in the tank I found oil.I started to drain the tank and about a gallon drained out until I saw evidence of oil.I check the oil and it was down a little from driving all day and I do not see any evidence of water in the oil. I have an 8v92 and I need know what is going on and can I drive it. Any suggestions?
       Don

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 08:36:04 AM »

That is coming from your oil cooler best to stop and have it repaired and the cooling system flushed

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »

There is no way for oil to get into the water if the engine is in good enough shape to be driven.  It could be anything from a leaky gasket to a cracked head, but whatever it is, you can destroy your engine if you try to drive it any distance.

Oil in the water means that there is water in your oil.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:21:23 AM »

Don, check the transmission if you have a automatic oil doesn't always get into the cooling system from the  engine.

good luck

busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 09:39:43 AM »

I know on my JD loaders it is usually the oil cooler. My vote is the oil cooler, not a bad fix.
rip

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 10:21:22 AM »

I made it to Pagosa Springs, CO. Does anyone know a repair shop close by? From here I'm headed up through Denver then to Rapid City, SD. Any suggestions?
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 10:45:43 AM »

Don, check with Willie's in Nunn Co 970-897-2566 his shop is not much but he does know 2 strokes

good luck

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »

Clifford, great recommendation.  It is a bit far away from where Don is and he has some hills to climb, but not much in that area.

Nunn is north of Denver just off of I-25.  Fairly close to the WY border.

They are acknowledged two-stroke experts.  Their shop will scare the heck out of you, but everything I hear is top notch.  Back in the day when entertainer coaches were two-stroke, they all went there for their work.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
skihor

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »

there is also Stewart & Stevenson's in Commerce City, (a few miles from Denver), BIG shop. They are good people and have guys that know what they are doing. The only  drawback is .... Bring your Visa... $$$$$$$$

Don & Sheila
rip

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 05:30:52 AM »

I spoke to Willie and he also thinks it is the oil cooler.I will be driving to his shop Friday and he said as long as I watch the engine temp. I should be fine.Thanks for the help and I will let everyone know how it turns out.
   Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: