Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 02:30:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: spare tire source?  (Read 1047 times)
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2010, 02:33:48 PM »

i will be picking up my new to me MC8 next week.  it does not have a spare tire on board.  is this a regular semi rim and tire?  where is the best place to get a spare tire/rim without buying new?

it is a 11/22.5

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »

Thomas, you know where you're located but your profile says, "Anywhere USA".

How in the world do you expect us or the Lord to help you?

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:11:36 PM »

MC-8 would mostly use a 12R-22.5 Budd stud centric wheel.   Wheels are available at about any truck store, not all that expensive, tires are around $450.  many just carry a tire, un-mounted, and call a service or have Coachnet come out and change it for them.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:19:16 PM »

Thomas, you know where you're located but your profile says, "Anywhere USA".

How in the world do you expect us or the Lord to help you?

NCbob

Oops, sorry bout that.  I travel all over the states and never know from one week to the next exactly where i will be.  I am in Cross Plains TN.  I will be making a trip to Keota OK in the next few days to park the 5ver at families house, then return to Rockfeild KY early next week to get the bus and take it to Keota to start the work.

MC-8 would mostly use a 12R-22.5 Budd stud centric wheel.   Wheels are available at about any truck store, not all that expensive, tires are around $450.  many just carry a tire, un-mounted, and call a service or have Coachnet come out and change it for them.

Brian

I am assuming the 12R refers to the width of the wheel, and 22.5 refers to the diameter of the tire?  I looked at one of the steer tires and it was a 11R-22.5.  did they run different sizes on different buses?

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 05:06:09 PM »

Have 11 R 22.5 on rim you need Evansville Ind...Pm me...better ck size though on rest of tires..My MCI 8 had 12 R 22.5's 12R stands for tire size not rim width..rims are normally 8.25 wide UN less alum are normally 9 inch wide.22.5 is rim size(diameter)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:08:42 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 06:12:44 PM »

This may seem like a silly question, but are you sure the spare is missing?  The spare tire compartment is behind the front bumper on your bus.  Not everyone knows where the spare tire compartment is and they assume there is not one.

I carry a spare because my coach came with a brand new tire that was 10 years old at the time.  It would probably be okay to get me to a tire shop at slower speeds.  If I didn't have a spare it would not bother me as I don't carry the tools for a tire change.  I would need to call Coach-Net to get a mobile tire guy sent out.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 07:54:25 PM »

Go to a tire shop and fine a not to old of tire with a little life left. They may also have a wheel, my local shop did. Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 07:59:49 PM »

i will check the local tire shops.  i did check the front compartment behind the bumper, nothing in there.  need to call the insurance co in the morning and start getting things in order for the trip next week.  I will make sure the road side service will cover the bus as well.  i wouldn't want to have to change a tire on one of these unless there was just no alternative.

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
bottomacher

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 06:14:31 AM »

The manufacturer's plate riveted to the ceiling above the driver should tell you what size your tires are intended to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: