Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 12:06:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile studio conversion  (Read 2606 times)
Songman

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »

Merle had a studio in an MC8 about 20 years ago. Of course, it wasn't a studio where you go inside and record. It was setup to record live shows. It was complete with remote camera controls for doing video and everything. A very nice setup for the time.

James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 03:56:28 PM »

Double inversion power works but then again more equipment more problems.

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 04:00:08 PM »

I failed to mention that we had a video camera plus two-way radios to view/communicate.

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
TimeForTheCrunge
:beep beep:

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »

Oh man, all this research on buses and now I've got to look into semi-trailers too!   Huh

No but really, thanks BW, that definately is something that warrants consideration. I'm not sure how attached to the idea of a coach the higher ups are, but a trailer seems like it might save us a lot of headaches.

But if we go that route I might not be able to use this amazing board as a resource!  (you guys are seriously so helpful - it's almost astonishing)
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »

The last studio I built, on terra firma, had suspended studios to reduce outside noise interference. The rooms were suspended just above the floor on metal rods connected to the building's metal framework with rubber bushings.

In a coach, this could be done using a rollcage type of framework, but your height would be an issue, so you would probably need to raise the roof to get sufficient height to build all the internal stuff.

Then all you would have to do is soundproof the floor, walls, and ceiling of the suspended rooms and you would hear nothing from the outside; generators, engines, or groupies.

Sounds like a real fun project that would certainly be something to brag about when completed.

A truck/trailer combination, however, would free up the truck to go for hamburgers or pizza when the studio is parked.

Keith
PC

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »

Talk to Steve Mattie at Transport Designs Inc.  http://www.transportdesigns.com/

They are located in Montoursville, Pennsylvania and only do custom work; all to your requirements.

I'm not sure if they have built a recording studio, but they have just about built everything else!  

I will say that Transport Designs built my "custom" truck-conversion motorhome in 2001 and after 115,000 miles it is still going strong.

I have no financial interest in Transport Designs, just a very satisfied customer!

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 09:02:08 AM »

A true online UPS that runs all power through the batteries is the best bet for clean power.  It is no different than running all power through an inverter.

I'm not sure if other types of UPSes will filter the power all that much.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
jok

Its a bus thing...Im glad were on board!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 05:07:28 PM »

Hi TimeForTheCrunge,

I finally took a picture of the side door on my XL. It is not a great photo but shows position. When we bought it the front had three windows per side and none in the rear. We added one curved top window on each side in the rear.

I am also including some websites that show MCI buses with wheelchair lifts. One is for sale and the other advertises MCI adding the door and a lift.

John

edit:

http://www.lasvegasbussales.com/bus_for_sale_details/dl3-for-sale-c45918

http://www.mcicoach.com/parts-service-support/serviceWheelchairRetro.htm

1990 Prevost
1977 MC8-Sold
Southwest Michigan
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 06:15:38 PM »

If you want to talk semi trailers, PM me and I'll help you out. I'm in the trailer business (small to large). Or email me at work
david at reddingtrailer dot com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: