Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 11:24:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI suspension question.....  (Read 1538 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2006, 05:26:32 AM »

We all know that there isn't such a thing as a system that doesn't leak...some...and moving around in the bus while it's parked causes the leveling valves to use air....then the system goes down.

Has anyone come up with any sort of system to block the body up from the air beams without doing damage to anything else?

We'll be living aboard the bus for the winter and I don't want to have to run a compressor every couple of days to keep the air bags inflated. I could probably cut some 4X4 blocks to fit...but I'm not positive that I want to crawl under the bus to install or remove them.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 05:36:29 AM »

Bob,
Why not hook up a small 115V air compressor into your system so you can turn it on every so often.
That will also let you pre air the coach if you want to move to another spot without having to idle.
Not to mention, you could use the air hose for 'Personal' entertainment, if you were so inclined. Wink Cheesy Lips Sealed

Hey, it was just a thought for a gent' of your advanced years!
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 08:08:28 AM »

Bob, I've read that some folks use a solenoid upstream from each leveling valve to shut off the air supply from the coach when parked. After you get those installed, you could later tee-in a manual leveling system.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 08:47:34 AM »

Why do you want to keep the bus up?  Once it has settled down, the bags are fine.  Then your entrance door will be lower to the ground for easier entrance and exit.  I have a manual leveling system along with the automatic system and can level the bus in less than a minute.  It'll last about a week then slowly come down.  I suppose you could eventually get the system to not leak, but it is a big job, especially on an older vehicle.  If you don't have manual leveling valves, level the bus with blocks first, then just let the bus settle down onto the chassis blocks-it'll be fine.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 08:50:56 PM »

Bob, I don't think the coach bouncing around has much to do with it settling. Our valves have 6 second delays built into them. If yours are anything like that, then movement of the coach shouldn't make any difference.

For what it's worth.

Tom Caffrey
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 04:39:45 AM »

Bob,
   As was already mentioned, letting your bus settle onto the bumpers, gives you a rock solid "house" that will not move with movement or rock in a stiff wind. It also makes an easier step into the bus.  YMMV, Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: