Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 10:10:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanner Charger/Inverter trouble  (Read 1762 times)
LutherC

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2010, 08:56:33 PM »

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with an older (maybe 14 years old) Vanner 3600 watt charger/Inverter. It has worked flawlessly for the last 12 years that I have owned my coach. However, the storage unit where I keep my Coach had a problem with their electrical panel and the incoming voltage went up to 138 volts. The high voltage wiped out my battery charger. however,the inverter portion still works.
I contacted Vanner to see if they could repair it, but its too old for them to mess with. And they couldn't  recommend another repair source. I talked with their service department and ask if I could get a schematic. They in turn ask their engineering department but after four follow up calls I gave up. It seems they don't want to release the schematic even though the unit is obsolete.
I have an electronics back ground and can troubleshoot/repair it. And a schematic would make it so much easier.

Does anyone happen to have a schematic?

Thanks,
Luther
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 05:37:12 AM »

had simular problem was internal fuse...look there...don't have diagram good luck...supplemental battery charger?like used in bass boats...just a idea.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 02:25:26 PM »

The easiest way to check it out is to connect it to a 24V source and connect a 12 Sealed beam across the 12V pins and read the load voltage. It might surprise you and work.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »

The easiest way to check it out is to connect it to a 24V source and connect a 12 Sealed beam across the 12V pins and read the load voltage.

Not sure what you are talking about here.  He's got a Vanner inverter/charger, not an equalizer -- there are no "pins" of differing DC voltage.  It's either a 12-volt unit or a 24-volt unit (the OP did not say which).

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: