Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 09:40:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, finally got TempBus up for sale, advice is welcome, err, toleratored  (Read 3028 times)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2010, 06:04:50 AM »

Due to health issues of some family members, we are about four months behind in listing TemBus for sale.  Of course, it is listed on this website, http://www.busconversions.com/bcmclassifieds/classified.php?n=125  and the following sites:

www.rv-coach.com
www.motorhomeclassifieds.com
www.rvclearinghouse.com
www.busesforsale.com.

Each add has a simple description with a link to our website: http://www.hickshvac.com/id7.html

I've already had inquiries from two interested parties. . . one of which is scrambling trying to come up with the money. . .  .but I just don't know if THAT is going to happen.

I would like some suggestions of other places to list it, other than Ebay and Craig's list, neither of which seems to produce completed sales of conversion buses. . . I'd also welcome critiques of the add. . .  price?!?  My intent is to sell, so I will keep a thick skin in place and welcome suggestions of ALL types, ha ha.

We also will be needing to list BigBus, our MCI-9 that we started converting, and the MCI-8 that we WERE originally going to convert, but we have an issue with the 8, in where Larry thinks the airbeam may be leaking. . . . ewwww???!!!  Suggestions on where to post adds for those are welcome too.

Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Depewtee

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:18:10 AM »

Christy,

You did a great job writing the description.  I think, though, your file size on your pictures is too small.  Maybe you can link to Photobucket or some other online picture storage site with larger pictures (the pictures you have are good, I just cannot see enough detail and you really want to show off that nice interior!).

My .02,

Brian

Brian Shonk
Fort Walton Beach, FL (Florida Panhandle)
1981 Prevost LeMirage Liberty Coach
1984 TMC MC-9
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 06:24:48 AM »

I can adjust that on the website itself, I just wasn't sure people would want those pictures to open up huge. . especially those that might use slower connections.  I can go in and choose the size of each pic. . . I just wanted them to be immeidately visible, but if the consensus is that they should be larger, that should be easy to do.  I have to swap a couple as I took some new pics for a prospective buyer and have some that are of the interior with NOTHING in the cabinets instead of full of our crap, ha ha. 

Thanks for the suggestion!  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 06:30:51 AM »

Christy,
Do you have documentation of the engine overhaul?  If you do, you might include this fact in your add.  Just a thought...
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 06:37:54 AM »

I would leave the pictures as they are but use them as thumbnails to link to a larger photo at the viewers discretion.  I would also include a floor plan sketch.  It can be hard to visualize the whole thing from photos.  Nice bus.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 06:41:56 AM »

The PO was the one who informed us that he had an out-of-frame done by Penske.  We have no proof, other than when we had the oil pan repaired and they commented on how clean the bottom side was, along with the fact that when you hit the starter it's immediately running and starts without blowing smoke.  

Several members here and of other forums are amazed at how this one starts and runs. . .  sure wish the Prevost started that easy and smoked so little, ha ha.  I even considered taking a video of the rear when it starts and runs, ha ha.  

The only floorplan I have is a VERY ROUGH sketch. . . . Christy

Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 07:10:50 AM »

Here is a link to the BNO site and they are free to advertise...http://www.busnut.com/classifieds/

Cawston, British Columbia
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 07:21:19 AM »

Christy , if you know for sure that Tempbus has a Penske (Jasper Engine) you can call 1-800-827-7455 with the serial and rebuild number they can give you all the info on the engine even the date and mileage when it was installed by what shop.
They did not do out of frames they were a exchange engine, check the valve covers and the engine block for a tag below the heads if it is a Jasper Penske it will have a tag.

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
ccbmster

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 08:05:25 AM »

Hi Christy,

I would love some info on the MC9 when you have a spare minute or two.

Thanks

86 MCI 102A3  MI/CA with SoCal being primary. 6V92 with Allison 740 Auto
82 MCI 9 8V71N with Allison 740 Auto..soon to be parted out or scrapped
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 01:58:29 PM »

I would try my best to get some kind of documentation on the engine rebuild if at all possible. Without documentation to me...and most others would be the same as no rebuild. Too many people are claiming "Recent Rebuilds" more than ever these days.

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 03:02:09 PM »

The pictures are okay for where they are, but it would be good to link elsewhere that would have lots of large pictures.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 03:54:51 PM »

I'd list it on EBay, not to sell it, but to get lots more exposure. Just put in the EBay add that it is for sale locally & you reserve the right to end the auction early, cancel questionable bids, blah, blah, blah . . . . .

I'd put a bunch of pictures with the EBay listing & include a link to your business site.

I thought your description of the engine was fine. I am one of those who isn't impressed with papers proving it was rebuilt. I'd rather have an engine of unknown mileage that runs great than one with papers that smokes. (All too easy to fake a few numbers or abuse to the engine - like over heat - to render the paper useless.)

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 04:56:53 PM »

I'm confused, you are not getting out of the bus 'bidness' are you?
I hope not!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 05:34:32 AM »

I am one of those who isn't impressed with papers proving it was rebuilt. I'd rather have an engine of unknown mileage that runs great than one with papers that smokes
I agree with you. . . it wouldn't be hard for someone to "come up with" papers "proving" and engine was rebuilt, but I've seen SO many posts from people who had a rebuild done and had tons of problems. . . . I don't have paperwork and Larry was going to look for the tags or evidence, and then we realized that what was more important was how it starts and runs. . . and as they say, "the proof is in the puddin' " as this one starts SO easy and really doesn't smoke at all. . . It's truly amazing!  With about 30,000 miles on the rebuild, it should be well broke in, and proof enough that the rebuild was done correctly.

I'm confused, you are not getting out of the bus 'bidness' are you?

Are you kidding?? Nope, we just bought a converted Prevost that was just too good of a deal to pass up, so we're selling the rest of the fleet and USING it instead of spending the next couple of years finishing BigBus.

I'll try to get pictures of the 9 up on our site soon in case anyone is looking for a great shell to convert. 

I'm in the process of adding more pictures and in a larger format, so please take a look and see what you guys think!  Thanks and keep the tips coming, Christy

Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 05:50:19 AM »

Oh, and BTW, I haven't received any comments on our pricing. . . . I realize that no one wants to hear they are over-priced. . . . I would have liked to have asked $40,000, but figured that this is still a down market, although the appraisal was done when prices had already dropped, but I was curious if anyone looked at all of the pics and details and formed an impression of whether they felt we were in the proper price range.  I'm not saying I'm ready to change it, but I'd like honest opinions and promise I won't fuss at you, ha ha.  Christy

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 06:03:32 AM »

I think your about rite on price..I'm  facing same problem..will have 2 usable buses soon..then will have to sell 89 Prevost home built..slides and dependable engine..don't know how to price..we all have to have a idea value then a get her done price...I do think your in the greater demand price area for a completed dependable coach...

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 06:47:25 AM »

Just to show you guys the difference in conversion prices the GMBUSGUY has a 4107 converted for 8,800 bucks listed on his site not as nice as Christy and Larry's but it out there and people are going to tell her and try and compair the 2.BTW it says it has 31,000 miles on out of frame lol

good luck
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:49:29 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 07:07:35 AM »

Yeah, I saw that add. . . but without pictures and more info, it's hard to compare it.  I've seen some nice home conversions, but I've seen a lot that are poor quality and look like someone just carried out their house furniture and set it inside. . .  and I've seen shells advertised for more than $8,000 ha ha.  I wonder why the price IS so low on this one. . . small picture makes it hard to really see much about it.

Any other comparables I missed out there?Huh  Christy

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 07:29:13 AM »

Christy, I seen some nice looking MCI 9 years 83-85 shells in Phoenix sell for around 5 grand with autos and 6v92t engines I think 8 grand for a 4107 shell maybe a little over priced in today's market

good luck

ccbmster

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 08:47:27 AM »

Christy, I am looking around for a shell.  That is why I asked for more details on just where your 9 is at in the process etc etc.

As far as the price you have Tempbus at........  I LOVE the conversion you did.  But for me, there is just no way I would go anywhere near trhat price range on it just because of the model bus you started out with for that one. 

As far as comparable on the market, in my opinion they mean nothing.  The only comparables that would mean anything would be those on busses that have actually sold.  If people just compare what things on the market are priced at it can just perpetuate having he market heavy on busses that dont sell because everyone is wanting what everyone else wants out of them and not what people are willing/able to pay.

Just my two cents worth (ok so maybe my two cents worth is only really worth 1.5 cents).

86 MCI 102A3  MI/CA with SoCal being primary. 6V92 with Allison 740 Auto
82 MCI 9 8V71N with Allison 740 Auto..soon to be parted out or scrapped
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 03:57:30 PM »

Christy, I am looking around for a shell.  That is why I asked for more details on just where your 9 is at in the process etc etc.

As far as the price you have Tempbus at........  I LOVE the conversion you did.  But for me, there is just no way I would go anywhere near trhat price range on it just because of the model bus you started out with for that one.

Thanks, but we didn't do TempBus, it was a factory converion, by Sundance Coach. . . but hard to believe that conversion was done in 1985, isn't it!  Quality workmanship always shows through. . .those raised panel doors and the quality of the woodwork makes it still look new.

We have a MCI-9, with a DL3 kit. ..  smooth sided, fiberglass caps rear and front, we've skinned over some of the windows, tore out the floor, replaced the metal on the wheel wells, and insulated the entire floor. . . we ran some conduit from the front to the rear and bays, and then installed two window units in one bay, piped into the center channel along with some extra ducts that were to go up behind cabinets, boxed returns ducted up through the floor where there were to be cabinets. . . and a overhead exhaust setup for the genny. . . basically, I just had Larry pull it down in the back yard by my woodshop as I got ready to tear down the ceiling and start the interior, when we stumbled across a great deal on a 1991 Beaver Prevost XL Mirage conversion and before we knew it, we were the proud owners of yet another bus.  This new one is so awesome, that we decided to sell the rest and just enjoy IT!  ha ha

I'll put a link on our website tonight and try to get some pictures up. . .  if you'll check it later hopefully it'll be complete for you.  Don't hesitate to contact me through our website or PM me if you are interested.  Thanks, Christy

oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 05:44:22 PM »

Christy,

That's a nice looking bus and a good website to boot! I should have you do up my site when we sell our MC7!  Grin  You can do it in your spare time! Or maybe I can come out to Oklahoma & work it out as an AC tech...  Grin Grin

I think your pricing is about right for today's market. It's a factory conversion, well done and nicely maintained. Also, $35K is still in the area of what lots of people can come up with cash, as opposed to having to get financing. The down side is the base bus may not be quite as attractive (model & year) as some others.

I hope you get your price as it will give me hope for selling mine shortly. It looks like I am well on my way to becoming a "subversive" for buying a Bluebird Wanderlodge.  We will be going down to take a look at it in July.

Good Luck!

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: