Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 01:13:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, finally got TempBus up for sale, advice is welcome, err, toleratored  (Read 3045 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 06:03:32 AM »

I think your about rite on price..I'm  facing same problem..will have 2 usable buses soon..then will have to sell 89 Prevost home built..slides and dependable engine..don't know how to price..we all have to have a idea value then a get her done price...I do think your in the greater demand price area for a completed dependable coach...

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 06:47:25 AM »

Just to show you guys the difference in conversion prices the GMBUSGUY has a 4107 converted for 8,800 bucks listed on his site not as nice as Christy and Larry's but it out there and people are going to tell her and try and compair the 2.BTW it says it has 31,000 miles on out of frame lol

good luck
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:49:29 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 07:07:35 AM »

Yeah, I saw that add. . . but without pictures and more info, it's hard to compare it.  I've seen some nice home conversions, but I've seen a lot that are poor quality and look like someone just carried out their house furniture and set it inside. . .  and I've seen shells advertised for more than $8,000 ha ha.  I wonder why the price IS so low on this one. . . small picture makes it hard to really see much about it.

Any other comparables I missed out there?Huh  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 07:29:13 AM »

Christy, I seen some nice looking MCI 9 years 83-85 shells in Phoenix sell for around 5 grand with autos and 6v92t engines I think 8 grand for a 4107 shell maybe a little over priced in today's market

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
ccbmster

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 08:47:27 AM »

Christy, I am looking around for a shell.  That is why I asked for more details on just where your 9 is at in the process etc etc.

As far as the price you have Tempbus at........  I LOVE the conversion you did.  But for me, there is just no way I would go anywhere near trhat price range on it just because of the model bus you started out with for that one. 

As far as comparable on the market, in my opinion they mean nothing.  The only comparables that would mean anything would be those on busses that have actually sold.  If people just compare what things on the market are priced at it can just perpetuate having he market heavy on busses that dont sell because everyone is wanting what everyone else wants out of them and not what people are willing/able to pay.

Just my two cents worth (ok so maybe my two cents worth is only really worth 1.5 cents).

86 MCI 102A3  MI/CA with SoCal being primary. 6V92 with Allison 740 Auto
82 MCI 9 8V71N with Allison 740 Auto..soon to be parted out or scrapped
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 03:57:30 PM »

Christy, I am looking around for a shell.  That is why I asked for more details on just where your 9 is at in the process etc etc.

As far as the price you have Tempbus at........  I LOVE the conversion you did.  But for me, there is just no way I would go anywhere near trhat price range on it just because of the model bus you started out with for that one.

Thanks, but we didn't do TempBus, it was a factory converion, by Sundance Coach. . . but hard to believe that conversion was done in 1985, isn't it!  Quality workmanship always shows through. . .those raised panel doors and the quality of the woodwork makes it still look new.

We have a MCI-9, with a DL3 kit. ..  smooth sided, fiberglass caps rear and front, we've skinned over some of the windows, tore out the floor, replaced the metal on the wheel wells, and insulated the entire floor. . . we ran some conduit from the front to the rear and bays, and then installed two window units in one bay, piped into the center channel along with some extra ducts that were to go up behind cabinets, boxed returns ducted up through the floor where there were to be cabinets. . . and a overhead exhaust setup for the genny. . . basically, I just had Larry pull it down in the back yard by my woodshop as I got ready to tear down the ceiling and start the interior, when we stumbled across a great deal on a 1991 Beaver Prevost XL Mirage conversion and before we knew it, we were the proud owners of yet another bus.  This new one is so awesome, that we decided to sell the rest and just enjoy IT!  ha ha

I'll put a link on our website tonight and try to get some pictures up. . .  if you'll check it later hopefully it'll be complete for you.  Don't hesitate to contact me through our website or PM me if you are interested.  Thanks, Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 05:44:22 PM »

Christy,

That's a nice looking bus and a good website to boot! I should have you do up my site when we sell our MC7!  Grin  You can do it in your spare time! Or maybe I can come out to Oklahoma & work it out as an AC tech...  Grin Grin

I think your pricing is about right for today's market. It's a factory conversion, well done and nicely maintained. Also, $35K is still in the area of what lots of people can come up with cash, as opposed to having to get financing. The down side is the base bus may not be quite as attractive (model & year) as some others.

I hope you get your price as it will give me hope for selling mine shortly. It looks like I am well on my way to becoming a "subversive" for buying a Bluebird Wanderlodge.  We will be going down to take a look at it in July.

Good Luck!

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: