Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 12:34:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody have experience with "Double Coin" brand tires?  (Read 5811 times)
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2010, 08:37:02 PM »

before we got all environmental and safety conscious.   That safety stuff is why coal costs so much.  If we could just let the mine owners do things in a common sense and profitable way the cost of coal would plummet.  I heard a guy say the other day that the military should not get any special medical treatment for the wounds they suffer in combat BECAUSE "they knew what the were getting into when they enlisted".   I guess that goes for coal miners and Enron employees with no pension those foolish enuf to live on the Gulf coast.

And let us never forget the excesses of the court settlements for Love Canal.  Every chem company got paranoid after that and started selling their properties to break the chain of ownership and avoid law suit liabilities.  Some operations were moved to Bhopal, India.  Those Indianese knew what they were getting into when they moved into that neighborhood or were moved in on by that chem plant.

A black friend related a conversation he overheard on his front porch.   His Daddy and uncles were looking at a curvaceous 15 year old walking down the dirt road in a dress she had clearly outgrown and his Daddy said "now some daxx FOOL is going to go and ruin that with education".   We got to cut the fat from the Gummint budget and those school teachers are the first that should have to go.  Doc's Daddy would be in favor of that but for different reasons than you might imagine(I hope)....lots of folk have a ax to grind or "funny" ideas.  These are not my ideas, for clarification before Dallas hits me. Grin

John the temperate

Was she running Double Coins Huh

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: