Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 04:35:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI 102dl3 ?'s  (Read 2120 times)
ToppDog

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2010, 12:20:21 AM »

Hello all.

Just curious if any of you familiar with MCI's know what is directly behind the battery bay, & if it would be possible to move it somewhere else & place a side entry in that location?
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 09:37:18 AM »

I have no clue on a DL3 but on my MC8 the air conditioning bay is behind the battery area.   Well I think it is.  If I am wrong the corrections will roll in shortly Smiley

As far as moving the batteries, sure.  On the older MCI's some folks move the batteries to the space once occupied by the compressor for the a/c when they remove it.  You can do a search and read the arguments for/against this option.

Frank 

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:43:25 AM »

Dog,

Behind the battery bay is the air conditioning bay. It is accessed through a door in the third bay. We removed all of the coach OTR air, because we were tired of putting money into it, and we had better use for space (we have a 1995 DL3).

FWIW

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Bill B /bus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 04:40:38 PM »

Air conditioning evaporator coil, heater coil and two blowers inboard of batteries.

A lot of converters are moving the starting batteries to the aft passenger corner of thew bus. Puts the batteries next to their job, starting the engine. If you leave the big cable in place form the battery box then that becomes your cross connect line for the house batteries charging from the alternator. AC Compressor was in that corner on a lot of MCI's .

Bill & Lynn
MCI102A3, Series 50 w/HT70
ToppDog

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 12:38:12 AM »

Thanks guys!  That is good to know.  I'm guessing from looking at comparison photos that the DL3's & D3's are pretty much identical except that the DL3's are stretched a little in front & behind the rear wheels allowing for an extra window.  I like that the windows & bays below line up perfectly.  I am thinking of a floorplan that would be something like this, although not to exact scale:

The picture didn't format well transferring from publisher to paint, but you get the rough idea.  The living area would have a sleeper sofa with 3 swivel captains chairs/recliners.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: