Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 26, 2014, 01:43:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Nuts In Nebraska Close to Cambridge  (Read 2467 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2010, 07:51:29 PM »

Any of you guys close to Cambridge we were coming to visit our friends in July he owns Besler Industries there and I would like to meet some more bus nuts in that area.

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:13:40 PM »

I am 30 miles east of there  in Holdrege Cliff. Beings I own my own welding business I am familiar with them although not personally. I would love to meet the forum's guru if it works out for you. What a small world. I just wish you would have still had your bus so I could have checked it out! My email is    skhef@charter.net    . Keep me abreast of your plans so I can plan somewhat accordingly.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 08:27:41 PM »

Chopper, I'll let you know our plans if you get in Cambridge stop and visit with Herb he is a bus nut he owns a Eagle and a Prevost and he is a welder also lol  I think you 2 would hit it off just look for a guy with a welding hood , blue jeans and cowboy boots that will be Herb the owner 

good luck

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 08:33:13 PM »

You have to remember Cliff that everyone around here wears cowboy boots, blue jeans and thinks they are welders!!! Cheesy

eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 08:34:49 PM »

Thats why I cant weld. I forgot the hat. I know what I am buying tomorrow.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 08:57:34 PM »

Do all you guys there all weld in Ostrich skin boots lol,I am really not looking forward to Neb in July but at a 115 here today couldn't be any worse there, at a 115 this dry heat sucks.
We also have some friends Doniphan we are going to visit then to Houston and back to Idaho about the time summer is over with not my plans but I have a higher in command  lol  

good luck
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:08:16 PM by luvrbus » Logged

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 06:39:08 AM »

Hmm, I was not too far from you guys a couple weeks ago. We came up from Oakley to Alma, and then across to Hebron. I like the rv park in Hebron. It's about half way between Pueblo and home and is only $5 a night.

I think the road across northern KS is better than the one across southern NE, though. I might try 34 over from 81 at Fairmont to Holdredge and then drop down
to Alma. The road down from Alma to Oakley is pretty good.

Any place to park in Holdredge, Scott?  We'll be making the trip out again in about 3 weeks.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Eric

Currently in Northeast Ohio

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 09:19:59 AM »

Would you gents want to make an afternoon of it? we are about 70 miles out but would GLADLY drive out there to meet everyone!
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 10:37:16 AM »

Here in Holdrege there is a city rv park with hookups that I'm thinking is $10 a night. Definately not much for scenery however!! Other than that Harlan County Lake near Alma has several camping areas that are around $18 a night. The one closest to 183 is Methodist. You can reserve a spot online  at   http://www.recreation.gov/recgovHome.do?topTabIndex=Home   They do tend to fill up so I would advise getting a reservation. I guess if Cliff sets a date when he'll be around and it's over a weekend I could get us some spots reserved if anyone is interested. I don't want to horn in on ekhedge's plans for a get together so my apologies if it seems that way. A lot may depend on Cliff's plans but I guess we could say the hell with him and have it anyways!!! Grin Grin

rusty

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 12:40:24 PM »

Are the Walleye still as big as I remember in Harlan County Lake? It's been a few years since the last time I was there.

Thank You Wayne
Eric

Currently in Northeast Ohio

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 12:58:43 PM »

This zones good to me ! Heck with my campground Harlan county lake takes that  cake ! Clifford and craig nif you can com up with a roundabout date we could make somthing of this!

Sorry iPhone replies suck lol Smiley
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 01:16:12 PM »

We are going to leave Custer SD on the 18th after the Eagle rally should be there no later than the 21th depends on my co-pilot she wants to go the way of the North Platte River and spend a couple of days at Lake McConaughy State Park

good luck

rusty

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »

So Clifford you are going to get some sand in your crack at Big Mac. ( I seen that on a tee shirt once)

Have fun Wayne
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 01:57:07 PM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:38:50 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 02:05:46 PM »

Dallas, You can join the Eagles International forum with our without a bus, even an SOB! Heck, we let Jack Conrad in! Wink

It's the club that you can't join unless you own an Eagle! Roll Eyes

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: