Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 12:35:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy Datcon gauges?  (Read 2848 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2010, 04:07:26 PM »

Any suggestions on where to buy Datcon gauges?  The ones I want are the Illumaseal line and most of them are not carried by anyone on the web.

There is a local Datcon dealer here in Minneapolis, but they were not helpful and asked me to leave because it was the end of the day and they needed to ship orders.  (Don't advertise you are open until 4:30 pm if you have no interest in helping walk ins at 4 pm.)

I tried calling Datcon once to get some information, but they really want you to go to a dealer.

Edited to fix Datcon name in title.  Oops!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 04:36:09 PM by belfert » Logged

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 04:15:26 PM »

The company that advertises in the magazine for custom dash panels use Datcon.  That's what they put in our dash.  They may sell them direct or tell you where they buy them.  If you buy a tach, it gets real complicated.  It seems there are a number of different ones depending on where you are getting the signal from.  Their gauges have to be matched to their senders.  We found that out when buying a sender for the transmission temperature and only their sender will work.

Don and Cary
GMC4107
Neoplan AN340

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 04:21:18 PM »

Precision Speed in Phoenix www.precisionspeed.com

Life is short drink the good wine first
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 04:35:15 PM »

I already have Datcon gauges, but they are in bad shape due to dirt getting into them.  That is why I want the fully sealed units.  I should be able to use the tach I already have to determine a proper replacement.  The signal for the tach comes from the DDEC.

Clifford, thanks for the tip on Precision Speed.  I'll call them Tuesday.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 05:12:00 AM »

Datcon is really starting to annoy me.  I have a technical question about their gauges to make sure I get the right gauge, but they don't offer any technical support.  The tech support option on their phone system says to look at the website and if that doesn't help call the support number on the website.  The support number on the website takes you to same recording!

I'm hoping Precision Speed can answer my questions when they open later this morning.

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 05:36:35 AM »

I agree with Clifford.  I have had excellent tech suport from Precision Speed. That is where i prchased all my gauges.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 11:11:23 AM »

I talked to Precision Speed and had a very good conversation.  They really know their stuff.  I am supposed to get a quote via email today or tomorrow.

JPO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 08:49:33 PM »

Del City Wire has them in their catalog

J PO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: