Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 20, 2014, 07:19:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Greek Tragedy - Continued  (Read 4448 times)
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 08:29:40 AM »

Maybe not so much politically correct, but more along the lines of - if a joke/post  becomes something detracts from the board, starts arguments, members against members, etc.., then we pull it, as with this last joke.   As we had a LOT of that on the old board.  BUT - that is my 1/100th  gal. worth of diesel.

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 08:32:55 AM »

Maybe not so much politically correct, but more along the lines of - if a joke/post  becomes something detracts from the board, starts arguments, members against members, etc.., then we pull it, as with this last joke.   As we had a LOT of that on the old board.  BUT - that is my 1/100th  gal. worth of diesel. Best Regards, Phil

Amen, and so true ! I couldn't have put it better! LOL!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
magmaven

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 10:09:29 AM »

First off the posting of 'A Greek Tragedy' was not a hack job. I felt an innocuous and ironic joke might lighten the day in our troubling times. To those who are soooo ethnically offended, pluuuese, the hissy-fit responses seem to have missed the entire point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the so called Islamo-Fascists terrosists who are so easily offended by their own ethnic heritage, tend to respond with bombings and general mayhem—frightening! Perhaps they take themselves too seriously, ya think? We all need to laugh at ourselves from time to time it's good for the soul. My suggestion: grow some skin and get on with it, you'll live longer. For those of you who missed the joke, e-mail me and I'll pass it along.
magmaven

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 10:13:55 AM »

First off the posting of 'A Greek Tragedy' was not a hack job. I felt an innocuous and ironic joke might lighten the day in our troubling times. To those who are soooo ethnically offended, pluuuese, the hissy-fit responses seem to have missed the entire point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the so called Islamo-Fascists terrosists who are so easily offended by their own ethnic heritage, tend to respond with bombings and general mayhem—frightening! Perhaps they take themselves too seriously, ya think? We all need to laugh at ourselves from time to time it's good for the soul. My suggestion: grow some skin and get on with it, you'll live longer. For those of you who missed the joke, e-mail me and I'll pass it along. Now that's Amore!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 01:41:29 PM by magmaven » Logged
mak

Southern California location

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 11:10:04 AM »

OK, 2 things: I read the joke and laughed my head off. It was funny, everyone knows it's not true... well, maybe everyone.
Second thing: After the poster posted he would send anyone a copy... he's doing that as fast as he can and can't find time to do his real job.

Laughter is the best medicine
MAK

I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 12:33:53 PM »

OK, 2 things: I read the joke and laughed my head off. It was funny, everyone knows it's not true... well, maybe everyone.
Second thing: After the poster posted he would send anyone a copy... he's doing that as fast as he can and can't find time to do his real job.

Laughter is the best medicine
MAK

Okay,  I admit it!   I laughed at the joke too. 

Not because it made fun of Greeks, but because it set me up and landed the punch line.

It didn't matter WHO it was or WHAT there heritage was.

It  was a JOKE!   Nothing more, Nothing less.

I am more offended by the Politically Correct crowd, they offend my common sense. Roll Eyes

Just my biased opinion. Cool

Cliff
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 06:21:53 PM by FloridaCracker » Logged

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Ace

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 12:41:15 PM »

Ok I thought it was funny too but heck, I'm Italian!  Undecided

Ace
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 02:10:50 PM »

RTS/Daytona

Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10

Re: A Greek Tragedy
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 03:51:27 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find your post - OFFENSIVE

Pete RTS/Daytona   GREEK/ITALIAN and proud of it

I'm sorry you were so offended, but I'm offended that you either have some guilty issues there, or are not mature enough to realize it was a JOKE ! And a darn funny one at that!  Hey you don't see the rest of us blowing up at redneck, hillbilly, blonde, fat, or any other kind of jokes ! Get over it and try introducing it to a female yerself, it'll relieve that negative tension you have ! BK Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Devin & Amy
FMCA#377731

1980 MC9 8v71 4spd man. Fulltiming family of 6

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 04:55:05 PM »

Damn, I missed the whole joje! I just get to read the aftermath,,, which is kind of a joke.

it's a joke, get it?

By the way, got any good redneck, Arky, hillbilly, hippy livin in a bus, partridge family jokes?

Just kiddin'
Devin

Devin, Amy, and the kids!!
Happily Bussin'!!
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 05:58:57 PM »

Well, I read it and thought it was funny. Just like I think all the redneck jokes about my ancestors (and maybe me) are funny and the blonde jokes and the walking Eagle joke about Hillary was hilarious I thought. I really hope the "do gooders" are not allowed to take all the fun out of the board.
Maybe Pete just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning as he was apparently the only one who took exception to it.
Richard

Damn, I missed the whole joje! I just get to read the aftermath,,, which is kind of a joke.

it's a joke, get it?

By the way, got any good redneck, Arky, hillbilly, hippy livin in a bus, partridge family jokes?

Just kiddin'
Devin

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 04:42:43 AM »

My neighbors think I qualify for that!!  Cheesy

Disclaimer: That was a joke.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 04:59:27 AM »

Jack "Redneck" Conrad  AND PROUD OF IT. 
    I collect redneck jokes, anyone got a good one?   I have always felt that we should be able to laugh at ourselves  I have a few redneck jokes that I can say "yep, that's me'.  They did pave my road, so I can no longer say"directions to my house include turn onto the gravel road". But I do stll have a car on blocks in the yard behind the barn (68 Mustang).  Life is too short to take seriuosly, I try to find humor in something (including myself) every day.  YMMV, Jack
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 05:03:24 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 06:13:22 AM »

I haven't read the joke, so can't comment specifically.  In my short time on this board, I've been impressed by the wisdom, camaraderie, and acceptance (even of some very basic questions) - a great deal of it from folks who've posted on this topic.  I hope I get to meet some, or even all of you in our travels. 

That said, I'm not far away from four decades in the bus industry.  Have also done a lot of teaching in that time - earlier as a driver instructor, now as a management consultant.  Interacted with a lot of passengers, employees, clients - as driver, General Manager, etc.  One thing I've learned, the hard way, is to be careful with humor.  Quick example - out with an Operations Manager and Street Supervisors, doing service planning.  Passing an elderly housing area, street supervisor made a remark, and I came back with my one Altzheimer's joke.  Found out later, Ops Mgr's mother had been in a nursing home for years with early onset Altzheimer's. 

Now, I have a three-day course that I teach a few times a year.  Wide variety of folks - so almost any joke I could tell would/could offend someone, and, almost as important, detract from the message -----  inspiring folks to pay more attention (bad) to the messenger rather than the message.  It may be possible that I could tell bus driver jokes, but, unfortunately, I don't know any clean ones.

I've appreciated the jokes that have been posted - and wish I could use some of them. 

Again, I'm impressed with the folks on this board.  A similar board that I look at seems to have one guy that makes a flippant remark, often useless, and perhaps sometimes incorrect.  In my opinion, he detracts from that board.  Frankly, I won't post there - as a new coach owner, I have some basic questions and I don't want to hear his guff.  This board is different.

We can all take offense at something.  It's entirely possible (probable?) that someone will take offense at my comments here, for which I'm sorry.  I'm on a consulting project right now, staying in a Hampton Inn.  Hampton has decided to label every object, many of them with instructions/orders.  Soap - "Wash Your Face".  Do Not Disturb Sign  says "Recharging" (it's no one's business what I'm doing.  I take offense when they tell me, the customer, what to do.  If it's cute once, it's not twenty times as cute with twenty repetitions.   

So, do I think the joke should have been pulled?  I don't know.  I do commend the moderator(s) for erring on the side of caution, trying to keep the board inclusive, so we all get to partake in the message.  Perhaps if we all temper the humor with exactly the care with which folks here temper their remarks - mutual respect, welcome to all, especially the newcomer, the community will continue to grow, and no one will avoid asking for help for fear of insult (the other board actually had a comment to the fellow I mentioned " ______, that was rude."

Arthur Gaudet - Carrollton, TX      The 4107 rolls in 10 days, wish us luck, especially when the Mother-In-Law is on board (no offense to Mothers-In-Law).

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Dallas

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2006, 08:49:30 AM »

Isn't this about enough?
Ya' know you guys and gals really tick me off.
consider, this board is built for everyone... not just whites, blacks, chinese, Africans, AfriKaans, Jew, Mohamaden, Christian, Amerind, Jiaine, Bhuudist, or devil worshiper.
I really don't give a rat's a** what you believe.
We all have our sensitivity toward certain things and it isn't fair to any one of our members to single anyone out for ridicule.

Yes, I laughed, probably as hard as anyone else at the joke.
I would laugh just as hard about Oregon Jokes, Idaho Jokes, French, German, Jewish, Apache, Kiowa, or any number of other jokes.
However, if one person can take offencem that is too many.
I'm angry at all of you. EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS BOARD!
Would you like it if someone denigrated your wife, your children or you?
How about all of you that take umbrage at being called a Son of a Bitch?

How many of you know that Germans immigrants spent time in interrment camps in WWII?
My grandmother did, in Wyoming.
Alone, without her husband, or children. She was placed among thousands of Japanese decendents that were ther also.
As a side note, She came across on a ship in steerage 4 hours before the Titannic sailed. research Titanic, and steerage.

We may have lost a valuable member of our community, whom I didn't agree with many times, but I did allow him to have his say.
How many did we lose that have never posted before out of fear of being ridiculed?

I don't think any of us have ever learned enough to say we don't need to hear from some one else.

OK, I'm off my soapbox now except to say:

Pthhhhhhpppp
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2006, 09:29:07 AM »

Uh oh, we've gone too far this time. Now Dallas is pissed. I think we better go back to fighting about batteries and tire balancing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: