Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 07:53:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bussin' 2007 Update  (Read 3304 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« on: August 17, 2006, 04:16:08 AM »

First, hands-on seminars, I have one person that would like his bus used for a headliner replacement seminar. We need an experienced person to lead this seminar.  Any volunters?  I also have a volunteer to lead a seminar on replacing the cooling unit in a Dometic refrigerator if anyone needs this done. We are also working on a cruise control installation seminar. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.
   Second, We are going to try a few different things for entertainment this year. If anyone that is planning to attend Biussin' 2007 has a Karaoke machine, please contact me.
   Third, I received a confirmation on camping fees and hope to have the registration form on the BBs this weekend.
   Fourth, If anyone has any suggestions, comments, or questions, please contact me at jconradATdesotoDOTnet.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 03:00:28 PM »

Hello Jack.

The arts and crafts activities last year were enjoyed by all who participated. At some point at Bussin'06, the women, and those who support them, were talking about what other things might be put on for those who are less greasy finger nail oriented? And which might involve a more balanced attendance of the genders?

I mention this out of fear, as I happened to be standing there, encouraging the discussion.... and don't want a scolding....

If I remember correctly, Molson powered as I was, stereotypical "little woman" topics or activites received a considerable amount of scorn and derision.

I post this as an open appeal!

Everyone reading this, please help Jack out! 

What have you seen out there that "His and Her" would participate in, and what would a "modern Her" want to do?

Oh geez, I'm probably in more trouble now than if I kept my mouth shut....

Here's to Bussin' 07!!!!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 08:41:28 PM »

i'll be bringing a projection unit for the seminars Jack.  and i need that cruise control, so if you need a bus to install it on, i volunteer.
as for activities for the non-greasy, i would suggest a yard sale.  everyone bring something that is nice, but obsolete on our unit, maybe good for yours.  this of course would not include bus parts, just doilies, statuetes, plant pots, etc.

personnaly, i thought fran had a great time, and there weren't any "scheduled" activities last year.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 04:10:07 AM »

BW,
  Thanks for reminding me, We are also looking for crafts and other events for the ladies. Anyone have any suggestions?  Jack

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 06:59:26 AM »

Jack, don't know if I will be able to make it this year or not. Especially since I no longer have a bus.
Miss Lazy does have a Karaoke machine complete with lots of country and western disc's. Also, you probably would not want to listen to Tammy again after hearing ML belt out a few of her specials, and her Stand By Your Man is awesome, but of course I am prejudiced. LOL

Anyhow, If we do decide to come down, I will bring everything needed.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Wormy 402

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 12:27:56 PM »

Hi Jack:  I have a karakoe machine that you follow the words on a built in tv screen.  i allso have about 100 songs of different artist's.  I will bring it with me if we can get there.  My problem is without shade, or a power hook up, we will have to stay in campground, unless the weather is quite cool, as our windows do not open, and Jackie's bird would die if it became too hot inside.  If this appeals to you, let me know.     See Ya:    Duane Britt
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 05:09:36 PM »

Jack,

I heard your call for activities for the ladies at Bussin' 2007 and asked my bride, who is well versed in crafts and the like and is also an expert quilter to volunteer. 
It might take some time but I've asked her to talk with the wives of: Chuck Lott (Linda), Dallas(Cat), Florida Cracker, (Julie) and a few others and see what they might be able to put together of interest in doing as a project.

Since she hasn't, as yet, met Paula she might wish to speak with her and I'll see if we can't get them together at the Dallas bash.

Somehow I feel confident that they are as anxious to get on with their interests as we guys are in ours.

If there's any way we can get them to link up...there's no doubt in my mind that they'll find a common ground.

We'll have had the advandage to attending two get-togethers between now and Bussin 2007 so there's time for the girls to have a 'meeting of the minds'.

But, then, as an experienced husband you already know that you can 'lead a horse to drink ...but you can't make him water".

Here's hoping....

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 02:37:16 PM »

Jack,

I will get with our friends at KingCruise to see what options we may have on the cruise control seminar.......I know Fred Hobe had some good info on headliners, etc.......

Rich
800-468-5287
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 03:49:09 PM »

Thamks Rich,
    I talked to Fred Hobe the other night and he will not be able to make Bussin' 2007. He will be visiting family.  Jack
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 03:50:44 PM by JackConrad » Logged

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 05:23:35 AM »

Hi Jack.

Pat and I still plan on making your great event.  Pat would love to do her Rubber Stamped Greeting Cards class (two sessions quickly "sold out" at the FMCA Rally) and I am prepared to do my safety related seminars. 

I talked to Sonnie Gray and they plan on attending so we could again do the engine conversion seminar/round table.  That was a lot of fun last year.

Just let us know what you want us to do.

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 08:42:10 PM »

Hey Jack & Paula

Sounds like good plans again this year, and another good time.
Roberta & I plan on attending again this year. We have 25,000 Karaoke songs, books, Computer harddrive based system, and I would be glad to host a night or 2 of Karaoke. The amp and speakers I could bring would be marginal for a large venue (mixing board, big amps & speakers have to stay @ work) but if you are going to have the sound setup like you have had for the last couple of years that we could plug into that would be great.  Let me know, I could probably scrounge up more speakers if needed. I believe some of the Karaoke stars and solid gold dancers that attended  the Delaware Bus Rally are going show up to get the party started,,,,, or ended  Wink 

Roberta promised she would do another food carving & garnishing seminar this year if thats ok. Something about calling all angels to help out as they did last year (Elaine, Gail, and the Wonky Wood Works folks) and for the seasoned vetrans do not forget your mellon and sharp paring knife, newbies will be provided raddishes or something to carve up. (not my job mon)

We look forward to seeing everyone again, and let us know how we can help.

Bill Glenn

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3
DC_Bus_Nut

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 09:19:29 PM »

That a boy Bill. I love you and you'r train of thought here!!
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 04:07:57 AM »

Bill,
  Ihat sounds great!  I am sure Roberta will have plenty of help with her Garnish class.  In addition to singing, I was thinking about "Bus Tales" where people can tell about funny, strange, unusual experinces they have had in this wonderful world of busnuts. I will check on the sound system and let you know.

Jim,
  Since it was such a hit last year, I will schedule the engine swap seminar that you and Sonnie did last year. I will also schedule your safety seminars and Pat's Stamping class.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 04:10:12 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 04:22:54 AM »

Jack,

I'll be there wed. just after christmass. Let me know what kind of help you need. [electrical, parking, general help, ect..]

Nick & Michelle

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 07:12:34 PM »

Ok, well, I know this is going to sound weird, but, Undecided um,  Embarrassedwell, Huh I really planned on learning as much as possible about the mechanical aspects of the bus.  I mean, it's not that I don't like to sew and paint and do needle point and stuff, but I know how to do that stuff. . . I want to learn things I don't know.  I know practically nothing about the mechanical side of our bus, so I thought there might be some cool stuff to learn. Cool 

I'm afraid I'm just not very good at fitting in. Embarrassed  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 10:28:19 PM »

OH MY,

BUS TALES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though I havent taken enough time with digital pictures and storing them on DVD or other media, we could do video display to go along with some of these fish tales, UM,,,, BUS Stories. Sounds Great reminds me of evenings around the campfire when I was young.

Alright Bus Nuts,   "tell about funny, strange, unusual experinces they have had in this wonderful world of busnuts" You have 4 months to think about your memorable experiences you can share.

I think tomorow I will finish SOMETHING more on the bus. 4 months, Got to get ready!

Ok Jack, Great Ideas   Cool

Can't wait

Bill Glenn   

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 05:17:35 AM »

I'm afraid I'm just not very good at fitting in.   Christy Hicks

Christy, I don't think any of those attending the "man seminars" would mind if you joined them. We try to have something for everyone. Perhaps you and Larry could entertain us with some of the stories you have posted about your adventures?  Jack

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 06:04:56 AM »

Jack, for some reason my mind has failed me a bit, but I think we did a maintenance seminar/roundtable last year based on a Detroit Diesel slide show that Mike Meloche did for a MAK bus conversion rally.  I still have that powerpoint show and I think someone volunteered to bring a projector.

I found a way to make the slides reproducible on paper with much less problems than we faced before (too much black ink).

Christy, was that the type of seminar you had in mind?  We could expand the roundtable to include bus mechanical issues as well, or set up a different roundtable just for bus mechanical issues.

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 09:22:01 AM »

Well, I don't expect anyone to plan seminars around my needs of course, and I'm sure most of the attendees have a lot of knowledge about maintenance, but I guess if there were more people like me, they'd be wanting someone to talk about some of the following:

Types of fluids and what is supposed to be used in which busses.  People are always asking about the type of oil to which in which diesel engine, what they use for power steering, transmission fluid, etc.  If someone could put together a list of ok, an 8v71 uses this oil, a V730 uses this fluid, Shepherd steering uses this fluid, etc. might be a help to some people. 

There's a lot of discussion about brakes and maintenance and adjusting.  This is such an important thing, and I'm ashamed to admit that I know nothing much at all about our braking system. . sure, I can ask Larry, and I will, but I wonder how many guys would like more info on stuff like that. 

Batteries, inverters, solar, controllers.  . boy, there's so much to learn.  We're so early in the conversion process, but man, it looks to me like that would be interesting to understand better the difference between different types of solar panels and stuff like how much power you lose through inverters and things like that.  How's that for a start?  Grin  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 12:17:55 PM »

Bus Warrior did a excellent seminar last year on DD3 brakes and brakes in general.  Maybe we can all talk real nice and he will do that seminar again this year. 
      How bout it BW? Pleeeaaassseeee!
We usually set up at least one round table discussion where anyone can bring up any subject and our knowledgeable moderators discuss the subject along with anyone else who has some input on that subject. The subjects covered at past discussions have been elecrtical problems and equipment (inverters, converters, SAT. antennas, etc.), plumbing issuers, wheels & tires, shocks, Fluids, brakes, etc.   Jack

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 05:43:26 PM »

Hey Jack,

Don't forget us wannabe newbees! How about what is the best bus shell for a conversion seminar? BK  Grin

You set it up, an I'll attend! LOL! Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 04:52:51 AM »

If I set up a seminar titled "What Is The BEST Shell for A Conversion" I might end up with a fight. LOL. Kinda' like saying "which is better a Ford or a Chevy?".  I might be able to set up something along the lines of "What To Look for when Selecting a Shell".  Jack

buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 06:29:34 PM »

Hello Jack, and the rest of the fan club!

I will begin plans for something brake related for Arcadia.

I need to get the drivetrain sold before carving into the brake system of my donor coach for mock-up purposes....

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Greg Paciga (S.Ga)
Future centerfold

4 years and I'm almost there. N.J. Transits Rock!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 06:48:44 PM »

Hey Jack. Greg Paciga here. When we talked at the 06 ralley you mentioned something about having some of the converters possibly talking about thier trip home with the "coach of thier dreams" LOL

I still have my worn out story to tell if you think folks would still be interested.  Embarrassed

Hell. I never finished my exploits about my trip back from Yuma with the 61 Eagle for that matter.

Greg Paciga (S. Ga.)

Don't think your going to do a conversion overnight. I did and 4 years later I'm still only 85% done. LOL  Smiley  Smiley

Why??  Because I did it right. Check out my any of my 900+
pics posted on Community webshots.com
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 08:32:27 PM »

hey jack, just general tips and tricks would be a great seminar.  my genset was moving towards 230 deg, then back down to 200 then up, and so on.  called pwertech who gave me the name of a cleveland outfit who i disucsse the issue with.  after hearing about the oil change, coolant, and the fluctuations, he suggested a hose to clean the dirt out of the radiator.  Works!  200 steady degrees now.  even with all the toe kicks and water heater, only 205 deg.
heck i ain't no christy, but i'll catch up to her level at the bussin rally.
i think a tips and tricks would work well for all of us, just sharin what some might not think to check when a problem occurs.

Tom

white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 08:37:13 PM »

let me add some more topics, or at least things i don't know and would like to understand.
we need the cruise control, cause if not checked, i find i'm doin 70 or more.
no heater yet.  What's the most efficient method to save space, money and maintenance?
what do i REALLY need to check before we get in gear on the way out of the campground?

by the way, i just did a seminar at Escapade about "communicating on the road" and "pc safety and security".  i have the slides and enough BS for at least an hour.  i have a screen and the projector.

Tom

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2006, 04:09:07 PM »

I can tell you one thing it is important to do before you leave the campground:

Take the toad out of park!

Please do not ask how I know this. LOL
Richard
let me add some more topics, or at least things i don't know and would like to understand.
we need the cruise control, cause if not checked, i find i'm doin 70 or more.
no heater yet.  What's the most efficient method to save space, money and maintenance?
what do i REALLY need to check before we get in gear on the way out of the campground?

by the way, i just did a seminar at Escapade about "communicating on the road" and "pc safety and security".  i have the slides and enough BS for at least an hour.  i have a screen and the projector.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: