Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 09:28:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bussin' 2007 Update  (Read 3305 times)
Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 10:28:19 PM »

OH MY,

BUS TALES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though I havent taken enough time with digital pictures and storing them on DVD or other media, we could do video display to go along with some of these fish tales, UM,,,, BUS Stories. Sounds Great reminds me of evenings around the campfire when I was young.

Alright Bus Nuts,   "tell about funny, strange, unusual experinces they have had in this wonderful world of busnuts" You have 4 months to think about your memorable experiences you can share.

I think tomorow I will finish SOMETHING more on the bus. 4 months, Got to get ready!

Ok Jack, Great Ideas   Cool

Can't wait

Bill Glenn   

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 05:17:35 AM »

I'm afraid I'm just not very good at fitting in.   Christy Hicks

Christy, I don't think any of those attending the "man seminars" would mind if you joined them. We try to have something for everyone. Perhaps you and Larry could entertain us with some of the stories you have posted about your adventures?  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 06:04:56 AM »

Jack, for some reason my mind has failed me a bit, but I think we did a maintenance seminar/roundtable last year based on a Detroit Diesel slide show that Mike Meloche did for a MAK bus conversion rally.  I still have that powerpoint show and I think someone volunteered to bring a projector.

I found a way to make the slides reproducible on paper with much less problems than we faced before (too much black ink).

Christy, was that the type of seminar you had in mind?  We could expand the roundtable to include bus mechanical issues as well, or set up a different roundtable just for bus mechanical issues.

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 09:22:01 AM »

Well, I don't expect anyone to plan seminars around my needs of course, and I'm sure most of the attendees have a lot of knowledge about maintenance, but I guess if there were more people like me, they'd be wanting someone to talk about some of the following:

Types of fluids and what is supposed to be used in which busses.  People are always asking about the type of oil to which in which diesel engine, what they use for power steering, transmission fluid, etc.  If someone could put together a list of ok, an 8v71 uses this oil, a V730 uses this fluid, Shepherd steering uses this fluid, etc. might be a help to some people. 

There's a lot of discussion about brakes and maintenance and adjusting.  This is such an important thing, and I'm ashamed to admit that I know nothing much at all about our braking system. . sure, I can ask Larry, and I will, but I wonder how many guys would like more info on stuff like that. 

Batteries, inverters, solar, controllers.  . boy, there's so much to learn.  We're so early in the conversion process, but man, it looks to me like that would be interesting to understand better the difference between different types of solar panels and stuff like how much power you lose through inverters and things like that.  How's that for a start?  Grin  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 12:17:55 PM »

Bus Warrior did a excellent seminar last year on DD3 brakes and brakes in general.  Maybe we can all talk real nice and he will do that seminar again this year. 
      How bout it BW? Pleeeaaassseeee!
We usually set up at least one round table discussion where anyone can bring up any subject and our knowledgeable moderators discuss the subject along with anyone else who has some input on that subject. The subjects covered at past discussions have been elecrtical problems and equipment (inverters, converters, SAT. antennas, etc.), plumbing issuers, wheels & tires, shocks, Fluids, brakes, etc.   Jack

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 05:43:26 PM »

Hey Jack,

Don't forget us wannabe newbees! How about what is the best bus shell for a conversion seminar? BK  Grin

You set it up, an I'll attend! LOL! Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 04:52:51 AM »

If I set up a seminar titled "What Is The BEST Shell for A Conversion" I might end up with a fight. LOL. Kinda' like saying "which is better a Ford or a Chevy?".  I might be able to set up something along the lines of "What To Look for when Selecting a Shell".  Jack

buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 06:29:34 PM »

Hello Jack, and the rest of the fan club!

I will begin plans for something brake related for Arcadia.

I need to get the drivetrain sold before carving into the brake system of my donor coach for mock-up purposes....

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Greg Paciga (S.Ga)
Future centerfold

4 years and I'm almost there. N.J. Transits Rock!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 06:48:44 PM »

Hey Jack. Greg Paciga here. When we talked at the 06 ralley you mentioned something about having some of the converters possibly talking about thier trip home with the "coach of thier dreams" LOL

I still have my worn out story to tell if you think folks would still be interested.  Embarrassed

Hell. I never finished my exploits about my trip back from Yuma with the 61 Eagle for that matter.

Greg Paciga (S. Ga.)

Don't think your going to do a conversion overnight. I did and 4 years later I'm still only 85% done. LOL  Smiley  Smiley

Why??  Because I did it right. Check out my any of my 900+
pics posted on Community webshots.com
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 08:32:27 PM »

hey jack, just general tips and tricks would be a great seminar.  my genset was moving towards 230 deg, then back down to 200 then up, and so on.  called pwertech who gave me the name of a cleveland outfit who i disucsse the issue with.  after hearing about the oil change, coolant, and the fluctuations, he suggested a hose to clean the dirt out of the radiator.  Works!  200 steady degrees now.  even with all the toe kicks and water heater, only 205 deg.
heck i ain't no christy, but i'll catch up to her level at the bussin rally.
i think a tips and tricks would work well for all of us, just sharin what some might not think to check when a problem occurs.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 08:37:13 PM »

let me add some more topics, or at least things i don't know and would like to understand.
we need the cruise control, cause if not checked, i find i'm doin 70 or more.
no heater yet.  What's the most efficient method to save space, money and maintenance?
what do i REALLY need to check before we get in gear on the way out of the campground?

by the way, i just did a seminar at Escapade about "communicating on the road" and "pc safety and security".  i have the slides and enough BS for at least an hour.  i have a screen and the projector.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2006, 04:09:07 PM »

I can tell you one thing it is important to do before you leave the campground:

Take the toad out of park!

Please do not ask how I know this. LOL
Richard
let me add some more topics, or at least things i don't know and would like to understand.
we need the cruise control, cause if not checked, i find i'm doin 70 or more.
no heater yet.  What's the most efficient method to save space, money and maintenance?
what do i REALLY need to check before we get in gear on the way out of the campground?

by the way, i just did a seminar at Escapade about "communicating on the road" and "pc safety and security".  i have the slides and enough BS for at least an hour.  i have a screen and the projector.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: