Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 01:22:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protection while dry camping  (Read 3724 times)
cody

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 07:27:42 PM »

A whistle is lighter to carry than a dinner bell.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 06:15:59 AM »

A whistle is lighter to carry than a dinner bell.

Probably passes through the bear easier, too.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 07:08:57 AM »

Wifey thinks I'm nuts. I have been chuckling to myself since yesterday.  Aperitif....dinner bell...gas whistle...passes...etc.  Rich! Grin Grin Grin

thank you!

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Madmike

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 10:34:19 AM »

I use the 12 gauge with 3" mangum rounds, I alternate between slugs and double ot. She will hold seven and the good thing is that you don't need a flashlight or have to open the door.

I would worry about discharging bear spray in my bus, most people you shoot with that stuff have been shot before and it loooses its effectiveness.

You can have this bus when you pry her from my cold dead fingers.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 11:00:32 AM »

I use the 12 gauge with 3" mangum rounds, I alternate between slugs and double ot. She will hold seven and the good thing is that you don't need a flashlight or have to open the door.

I would worry about discharging bear spray in my bus, most people you shoot with that stuff have been shot before and it loooses its effectiveness.

Where did you get that info?  Not to contradict you, now.

Please,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »

I think that wasp spray will sit by the door and should find application only with an attempt at forced entry. 

Yeah, the guy who breaks down your door will have something to spray you with.

Your defense should be LAYERED.  The perimeter layer is your locks.  The next layer should be somewhere that you can run to and reach ahead of any invader, and THIS is where your weapons should be.  The only time a weapons should be within 10 feet of the door is when you are carrying it and ready to use it if necessary.

That way, if you realize that someone is trying to break in, you don't have to go where he is to start your active defense -- you retreat to the safe place and prepare for him.  If you are at the door and realize that there is a need, you stop arguing and get to your safe place, while he thinks you're just running away in fright.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 07:24:39 PM »

Good advise BG6.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: