Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 03:55:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some what confused on my duct work  (Read 807 times)
Wax-um

1982 MCI Conversion project

Ignore
« on: July 10, 2010, 12:20:15 PM »

Anyone have a diagram for the duct work for an 82 MCI 9. Im getting ready for a new floor and dont want to block off anything I need. The front ducts blow cold but the rear ducts do nothing. I read that MCI had an optional rear airsetup that I dont have. Maybe my rear duct work is not used maybe it has been blocked off or is a cold air return that isnt moving much air. I do have aftermarket rear aux air but its independent and doesnt use any duct work. Its possible they blocked of the rear ducts when they installed the rear air.

I would also like to clean the duct as good as I possiby can without removing original floor any tips on cleaning would be appreciated too.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 12:46:29 PM »

There are 4 return air vents on each side. 2 in front, 2 in the rear. These are connected to the return air tunnel via 4" plastic tubing.

There are diverters in the stainless duct to separate the return air from the supply. All the supply goes up the inside of the
false wall and vents just below the windows.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »

The MCI supply and returns share a common plenum that runs down both sides of the coach. The duct gets "split" just past the mid point of the coach. At that point the lower half becomes a return and the upper half remains a supply. The two front ducts as you are referring to are the supplys and the the returns are the two located at the rear of the coach. You can verify this by firing up the A/C. The front will be blowing air out and the rear will be pulling air in.

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: