Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 01:13:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red light camera  (Read 10143 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »

Laws should be enforced equitably without regard to revenues raised.  The same approximate number of tickets should be issued year after year regardless of how full or empty the government bank accounts are.

I believe it is unethical for towns and cities to use traffic tickets as major sources of revenue.  There are indian reservations that have zero tolerance for speeders.  31 MPH in a 30MPH zone and they give you a ticket.  They fund much of their government from these fines.

I've never had a traffic citation in 20 years of driving.  I tend to drive with the flow of traffic unless the speed is too high above the limit.  (I won't do 80 MPH in a 55 MPH zone like on Chicago freeways.)  I don't hold up traffic by doing 55 MPH on a freeway, but I'm also not the guy flying by at 75 MPH.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
cody

« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2010, 02:48:26 PM »

At the academy we were given information differing by 2 instructors that comes to mind here, bear in mind that this was almost 40 years ago lol, one instructer told us to watch for the "odd duck"", thats the term he used for whoever wasn't following the flow, either faster or slower than the 'flow', the odd duck would be the most likely candidate for an accident and being so would make him the one most likely to draw a troopers attention, using that train of thought the flow traveling at 80 wouldn't draw any more attention than flowing at 60 unless the odd duck was doing something unusual.  The other instructor made the reference to a duck hunter, he was more rigid, he said as the flock goes by, pick the one you want, they are all vulnerable if they are traveling above the posted speed.
garhawk

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2010, 02:53:49 PM »

I have a friend who received a 'red light camera' ticket in the mail for the amount of $100.

He took a picture of a C note and sent it to the city clerk.

gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2010, 03:24:36 PM »

Where are the moderators this belongs in off topic

eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2010, 04:44:29 PM »

it is a bus topic. it has gone off and on but the question was and still is who has received a red light ticket
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2010, 03:37:08 PM »

This has not been a bus topic since page one. It has drifted far far far from bus related.

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2010, 04:18:37 PM »

I have a friend who received a 'red light camera' ticket in the mail for the amount of $100.

He took a picture of a C note and sent it to the city clerk.
I heard the city clerk then sent him a photograph of a pair of handcuffs LOL   Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: