Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 23, 2014, 04:35:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Junkyard, uh, Wrecking Yards uh, Recycler Locations  (Read 3648 times)
Runcutter

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2006, 06:10:24 PM »

We're about to pick up the 4107 a week from Monday.  Trip will be from New Hampshire/Massachusetts to New Brunswick with the Mother-in-Law, then returning to Texas (with the bus, not the Mother-in-Law.  I haven't decided on the routing from Mass. to Texas yet, but since my wife is a baseball fan, we'll probably head over the Mohawk Trail to Cooperstown, NY.  From there, we're open (time and fuel permitting).

I know that the coach needs some baggage bay skins (don't want folks to think I put the dents there).  I may want some interior appointments (vanity panel, driver's overhead mirror, maybe a couple of coach seats.  Don't know what else yet.  I do want to restore the area forward of the (former) white line, as close to as built (and as I remember my former home).  It's now all carpeted, dash, ceiling, etc.  I'd like to put up an emergency "Please do not talk to the driver while the coach is in motion,"  but I'd probably get into trouble.

So, here's the question.  As with Grant Goold's August 9 thread on preferred vendors, what do folks think about a list of known Bus Wrecking Yards, where we can find donor buses?

If anyone knows where there may be 4107/8; 4903/5 candidates, that'd sure be a worthwhile detour on the way back.

Arthur Gaudet  Carrollton, TX

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 10:20:02 PM »

I think it is a great idea!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Add Bus Maintainance in Williams California (TED) for all those with older GMCs or in need of detroit diesel parts.

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 06:31:44 AM »

One that is closer than Ted's to you.
Try Jefferson Bus repair in Oklahoma City,OK. Jeff has some buffalos that he is scrapping he is at 1317 West Reno just past Excahnge.
1-800-813-9367 ask for Ed.
jlv

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 06:17:26 PM »

Naturally, you've GOT to stop at Luke's!!

1-888-262-2434, 9 - 6 M-F Eastern.

He's in Berlin, NJ - just a short hop from Philly

One of the BEST shops in the country!

GO!

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 06:57:56 PM »

Russ, I'd seen posts from/about Luke, but couldn't quite determine whether he supplies new parts, or may have a collection of donor coaches.  We can certainly include New Jersey on the trip home, do you have any idea what he may have? 

Spike Michaud did just get a radiator fan (mine had a bent blade) from Dean's Coach in Durham, but that's no where near our path home.  It does indicate to me, though, that Dean's Coach is still in business.

My wife and I recently rode a private car trip on the California Zephyr, Oakland-Denver-Oakland.  Saw a number of junkyards, with many buses.  Just west of Salt Lake City, we saw a number of deck-and-a-halfs (that's the terminology I grew up with, I can't bring myself to call them Buffalo Buses).  We couldn't determine if they were an operating fleet or not.  Since Amtrak wouldn't stop long enough to let us check them out, it's still a mystery.  Somewhere between Winnemucca and Elko, Nevada, we saw a 4107/08 and a Fageol Twin on what looked like a car lot. 

The bus man's Pick-a-Part - now there's a day in toyland.

Arthur Gaudet  Carrollton, TX

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 07:01:56 PM »

dont forget the 44 bus sales east of Joplin MO right on Interstate 44

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 02:22:14 PM »

This is what I have to offer so far:

I just came back this weekend from “Crawford’s Custom Coaches”
This is a bus-recycling yard, and have they got some buses! Shocked

I can’t really tell what is there in the way of brand types, but for anyone with a coach conversion (particularly old), this may be the place to call. Wink

Granted, a lot of them are stripped or weathered, but they might just have that one part that eludes you. It’s definitely worth a call!
They sure helped me out, and at very fair prices, too-

Since I can’t describe them, here’s a link to my pics of the excursion:

(Sorry--I needed to modify my link. I'll have it back up shortly)

If any one recognizes some of them, drop a reply-

Of course, there’s a Brill (or 3!), but one was an early 40’s IC-37, which is completely different than my model— I went for the IC-41… Smiley

Please- All keep an eye out for any Brills for me—even a hulk, because I’m down to needing just three pieces for the outside and she’ll be ready for paint.

Hope you find the pics enjoyable!

Cheers..

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 02:06:19 PM by Brill-o » Logged

Mind the Gap!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 05:04:22 PM »

Hey Brill-o nice find & pics ! Glad to hear your still hav'n fun and actually getting closer to being ready to paint ! Also I was glad to hear ya had it run'n did ya get that clutch broke loose yet? Good Luck & Best Wishes ! Keep us posted yer do'n a fine job, with a coach most of even the bravest would be afraid to tackle! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 07:08:10 PM »

Nice pictures, Brill-o,
Where is Crawford's?
Dennis
Hi Yo Silver!

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 06:33:11 AM »

Hello Friends-