Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 19, 2018, 03:25:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New shower wall idea. Suggestions anyone?  (Read 6707 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 12:07:18 PM »

Now, just for a little extra information (hope it's not too OT) :
 Did you know that the "Bad Bugs" - salmonella, staph, strep, e-coli, fungus, etc. - cannot live on copper/copper alloys for more than about 3 hours. But it can live on any other surface for as long as 30 DAYS! I found that out after I started working with it a few years ago. Hospitals are supposedly going to more copper/copper alloy handles, knobs, push bars and push plates for that reason. I think that is another really good reason for copper counters and sinks. Shower's where athlete's foot is a problem would also be a viable spot.

Just a little trivia,
    Chaz

p.s. if you are interested in the BEST "bad bug" killer and a great substance for many uses including internal, check out 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide. You will be amazed!! Seriously! The stuff is just short of miraculous.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 12:52:41 PM by Chaz » Logged

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 12:42:36 PM »

Chaz,

Copper is known for its anti-bacterial properties.  We once even had a swimming pool that used copper ions as a disinfectant.  It worked  well and was gentle and odorless.  We did have to add just a little chlorine as an oxidizing agent.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »

John, you are right, you cannot drill  tempered. They do all the cutting/drilling before they temper it. Your measurements have to be spot on. I did one wall at a time and adjusted the angles. The glass is completely encompassed with a high dollar clear silicone sealant (supposedly the cats PJ's) . I suppose it "could" give me grief in some way, but I'm not sure how. 

Chaz,  You give me way too much credit.  I thought you knew of a way and I had my "note take'n" pencil sharp and proper out and at the ready. Wink Smiley

Great info about copper.  I would like to know more about using copper for shower pans and counters.  I promise I will be no competition.

Your Admirer,

John

Thanks,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 06:42:03 AM »

John,
  I do believe a water jet can cut it fine. I know of hot rodders cutting windshields by it but you need to still smooth the corners or it allows for a place to start cracking. No experience, just what I heard.

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: