Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 02:29:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my conversion blog  (Read 730 times)
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:16:21 PM »

well, sort of.  My wife setup a little website to post pictures and such for family and friends.  you can see what i have done so far.  If you see something you don't like or think you know a better way, (which i am sure many will) that's fine by me.  Every one is entitled to their opinion.  that's why we do what we do anyway, isn't it?  cause we can have it "our way".  comments and suggestions are always welcome, rude jerky remarks are better kept to yourself.

check out the bus here  http://faithministriesusa.wordpress.com/

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:50:29 PM »

Looks good. It's a little hard to tell in the pics, but it appears you have covered up the engine compartment access holes in the floor (under your bed). You may want to rethink this as these openings make life a lot easier if you need to service your air compressor or alternator.

If the openings are still there and I'm just not seeing them, then feel free to disregard this transmission.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 03:21:13 PM »

Looks good. It's a little hard to tell in the pics, but it appears you have covered up the engine compartment access holes in the floor (under your bed). You may want to rethink this as these openings make life a lot easier if you need to service your air compressor or alternator.

If the openings are still there and I'm just not seeing them, then feel free to disregard this transmission.

Bob

yes, they are still there.  the lower one can easily be accessed by just raising the bed.  the upper one requires removal of 4 screws and slide the whole bed topper toward the front, or flip it to the side and completely out of the way. 

thanks for the thought though, i'm sure i'd be surprised at how many people actually cover them over...not a good idea.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: