Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 02:24:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Different topic  (Read 944 times)
BJ

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2006, 08:51:57 PM »

I have a friend in Arizona that is looking at a RV Holiday Rambler with an isuzu diesel engine (thats all I know) anyone have any info about these?Huh?
Moof

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 09:32:42 PM »

I don't know anything about the Isuzu diesel.  But I have looked at a lot of the Holiday Ramblers.  When I bought my diesel bounder in '94 the HR's were way out of my price range.  As I remember it, one of their claims to fame was the aluminum sides.
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 09:09:15 AM »

Since you mentioned siding, heres a tidbit....The filon siding that just about all motorhames use now will strat to delaminate in 10 years or less.  The long rigs with a lot of cantilevered body past the rear wheel are worse.  Over time, that body flexes and bends at teh rear axle which in time pops the laminated filon loose.  Look at just about any rig that is 8+ years old and you'll see waves in the siding.  That's the filon delaminating.

Ross

plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 11:09:34 AM »

Yes, we used to own a Gulfstream Class A.  It delaminated.  That's a battle that can't be won.  At least as far as I was ever able to find out. All you can do is watch.  Way tooo expen$ive to fix. 

Cry  Sad

No delaminating with our MC9 tho! 

Grin  Smiley

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: