Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 07:02:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrical connection for Aquajet RV water pump.  (Read 3469 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 09:03:36 AM »

How would I wire the switches to be able to turn the pump on OR off from any of the three locations

For two locations, you'd need SPDT switches and wire the same way a household "three way switch" works.  For three or more locations, you'd need two such three-way switches and then an additional "four way switch" for each additional location.  This is just a DPDT switch that has been wired in an X configuration; Google "four way switch wiring" to see how three- and four-way switches are wired and work together.

You could use a magnetic latching relay.  It would still require additional wiring and different switches.  I agree, not worth the trouble.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
miles2go

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 12:59:06 PM »

Wow great stuff. Knowledge is the power to change and make things work. Still digesting, but getting there.
Thanks,
Andrew.
James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 06:32:10 PM »

My vote is for the pump pressure switch and on locale to control the pump. With the pump on and cycling off the pressure switch you will know if a small leak develops because the pump will cycle as the pressure drops.

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 08:35:05 PM »

On our maiden voyage we had  little problems with small water leaks. I found that a switch at the pump would have been useful. I used my fuse as a switch. Food for thought.

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
miles2go

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 07:58:06 PM »

Thank you for all the input. I wired the pump in with just the one switch and relay. Left it hooked up and on all weekend and it works great. Turn the water on and hear the pump run, turn it off and the pump stops. I have been like a kid with a new toy because this is the first time I have everything working as it should on the plumbing and electrical.

Thanks for everyones help. Now with the battery bank cross tie, the 12v. from 24v. out of the SurePower, as well as the inverter all wired and functioning correctly, I feel like it all might actually work... wow!

This is all due to the help from this board, and I really appreciate it! I am going to read up on transfer switches or maybe something simpler, and attempt to get the generator tied in to all of this!

Andrew.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: