Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 24, 2014, 09:38:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Past Female Members - still around??  (Read 5762 times)
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 05:28:51 PM »

Thank you for thinking of us!! It is tough learning EVERYTHING that men kinda seem to take for granted. In my family anyway, my dad taught my brothers to build buildings and about wiring, cars, etc. While I was taught cooking, sewing, etc. Never did I question it or want anything different. In the early 80s I got into corvettes and wanted to learn more then...... but even then, it was only very basic stuff as my dad was also into vettes and had a machine shop and loved doing this kind of stuff himself!!! He was very good at it too!! Now however, unfortunately he passed away in the early 90s. I am now trying to learn everything by myself and kickin myself in the tail for not asking more questions and doing more with him when I had the chance! Knowing my dad, if he were alive now, he would get a 45' bus (cuz he would HAVE to have something bigger then his daughter lol) and he would do all kinds of stuff to soop it up really really cool!!! But this is quite an experience for me and my teenage son who I am trying to teach as I am able to learn. For us it doesnt matter about having things done on a time schedual, it is the learning experience that is the most valuable. We are having a blast!!! Thanks everyone for your unselfish contributions and sharing of knowledge !!!!
Hey Camperbrat glad your here. I have a couple of vettes 76 & 77  It is amazing how many vette owners move to or have a bus, it must be a power thing Smiley  The best of " GM "
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:26:23 PM by Paso One » Logged

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
SkellBell
Solo looking for fulltime rig

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 02:36:30 PM »

Well hello to all the Ladies... and Jim - lol.  I do not yet have a bus but am searching.  My backgound and what I am looking for posted here
http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=26473.msg290568#msg290568
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 04:36:25 PM »

hi All, don't forget our wonderful wives, who share our experiences, contribute and call themselves busnuts,  tami & tom, lvmci...

Mci 102C3 8V92, Allison 4 speed 740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 05:25:36 PM »

Sadly, most of the ladies mentioned no longer post or post very sporadically.

Maybe some of the female members mentioned will come out of the lurking mode.

Stacie, in another thread, I had pointed you to:  http://www.technomadia.com/ as being a great site for gaining knowledge about full timing in an older bus.  One of the two techomads is Cherie Ve Ard.  She used to post here quite a bit.  She and Chris kind of backed off when the story of their engine failure/rebuild got a bit out of hand.  I think she still reads the boards.  Maybe she will chime in.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
í85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
SkellBell

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 05:39:08 PM »

Technomadia website was one of the first sites I read thru when I started.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »

We just met them yesterday. Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 10:00:38 PM »

Stacie, in another thread, I had pointed you to:  http://www.technomadia.com/ as being a great site for gaining knowledge about full timing in an older bus.  One of the two techomads is Cherie Ve Ard.  She used to post here quite a bit.  She and Chris kind of backed off when the story of their engine failure/rebuild got a bit out of hand.  I think she still reads the boards.  Maybe she will chime in.

Jim

Hey Jim - you're such a dear Smiley 

Yup, we still lurk the board from time to time, and yes, we're still a bit gun shy about getting back involved with the board.

But love love love our bus and meeting up with fellow bus folks (hi to Ed, parked a few spots over here at Cape Blanco lighthouse, where we're hosts for the month). And we'll probably still contribute to the magazine. And we always welcome direct communication.

- Cherie (still female too Smiley )

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
SkellBell

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 03:08:47 AM »

Cherie - love technomadia.  Your links to purchasing a bus lead me here.
rampeyboy

1954 Scenicruiser PD4501-227

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 05:48:17 PM »

Don't be gunshy Cherie! You're a veteran now having suffered the Engine failure. You can now tell others "do what you want to do, but here's what worked for me and this was the right choice for us". Hope to see yall with more posts.
Boyce
PD4501-227

Boyce Rampey
Columbia, SC
Scenicruiser 227
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 09:48:57 PM »

My wife - (While not an active reader or poster) - knows all the players and enjoys when I read her posts from the forum.  I try to encourage her to read and post.  When hanging out with The Hollands! Craig and I were trying to encourage our wives to post once in a while. 

-Sean
(currently in Hong Kong)

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 10:16:10 PM »

And just met the Hollands tonite!   It was a mini bus rally with 3 buses here. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 05:35:56 AM »

There was 5 or more ladies the one with the 4106 she left,the one that travels in a Prevost with her pets she left and the one with the Eagle in Texas she was into healthy cooking no Teflon or aluminum for her then there was the 2 moms I saw their bus for sale in Texas on the side of the highway on a recent trip

I wonder if Sean ever ground up a cup of Teflon and ate it to prove to her it would not hurt you I very was interested in that test lol we do get a little tough on women here, Christy Hicks is probably just busy knowing her she can hold her own for sure
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:41:40 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
SkellBell

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 07:34:32 AM »

Luverbus wrote: "...we do get a little tough on women here."

Why?
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »

It is a male thing my wife says she reads the board but luckily she never comments because she can cloud up and rain on you I know that to well lol, she just shakes her head  she does like your idea on the open bus she thought it was a well laid out bus and I agree  
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:35:36 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2013, 08:06:54 AM »

Yes, there are a few members that seem to bristle at the realization that girls are allowed into their "boys" club.  Wink

But there are some great female bus nuts out there and they are welcome here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: