Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 09:49:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was your favorite trip in your bus?  (Read 2609 times)
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 01:00:50 PM »

Good point Kyle. I'll mull it over. I'm just having trouble with the thought of removing that thing every 7 years. It's heavy, I think 70 or 80 lbs., and around behind the engine. Not much room in the 4104  between the 671 and the bulkhead. If I were younger and thinner I'd have no problem...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Madmike

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 01:22:54 PM »

My favorite ride was from the Northern U.P. down to Greenbay on the first day I owed it. It was only me, it was cool out and the ride was perfect. Beside I had not spent a dime up until that point.

You can have this bus when you pry her from my cold dead fingers.
rampeyboy

1954 Scenicruiser PD4501-227

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »

my favorite trip in the bus was when...ok I haven't had one yet unless you count the tow truck ride when I bought it! It took 4 hours to get to the bus. Bruce of Bruce's towing had it loaded in no time. I hardly lifted a finger. We left for a 4 hour trip home that turned into 7.5 hours after a blow out on the landoll! It was a very tiring day even though all I did was ride for 11.5 hours! I read everyone's posts here with great interest. Sometimes I don't know what the heck ya'll are talking about as I'm new to this HD stuff, but I'm learning! Currently, I am cleaning the bus up, and trying to get water leaks fixed. For the fall, I plan to get some rotted floors replaced. The family is warming up to it finally!

Boyce Rampey
Columbia, SC
Scenicruiser 227
MacRuler

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »

This is all very interesting. I am a newbie to the forum, but not new to buses. I have to say, the most interesting comment to me that I just read was made by gumpy.
Most will be about their crazy father who partially built an RV from an old Greyhound
and then dragged them to all corners of the globe, but as the years go by, they'll long for the old days and may one day decide to build their own bus.

I am one of this children, to a T. My father converted an old 1956 Courier 96, and took us to Disneyland, Utah, Montana, all the Western states. Ski trips to the rocky mountains... The bus was used for moving everyone of my 5 siblings, at one point or another, as well as following our Marching Band all over the US. As kids, we would travel on the newer chartered buses with the rest of the band kids, and Mom and Dad traveled behind in the old bus. (We were one of the best Marching Bands of our time, and went to many Marching Bands of America competitions, and won many of them. The funny thing was, we were a band from a small little Canadian town in Alberta...

So, to Gumpy's comment. I long for those good old days. I am 39 years old, and I have the bus "Bug", just like me father did when he was my age. I have 5 kids of my own, and I want them to experience the same excitement I felt when we were loading the bus for one of those trips. I used to get so giddy... My parents have down sized to a newer C-Class Ford motor home, but my mom, without thinking, refers to it as "the bus."

So, I have "inherited" the old Courier 96, and am in the process of upgrading to a mid 80's MCI or Prevost. My father is doing everything in his power to talk me out of it...

RM

"Here's to all the Virgins... thanks for nothin!"
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: