Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 06:37:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fresh hot and cold water circuits in a bus  (Read 4485 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 01:29:04 PM »

Thanx Tom. Will do.

Len,
  You mean like a spray bottle?? Roll Eyes
  Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 01:36:54 PM »

If you really want to conserve water, use a manual pump in the shower. Cheesy

My shower is so small . . . . .

There ain't enough room to pump anything in there.   Shocked  Embarrassed 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »

Like Jim, i just fill my tank and run off of the pump even though i am also set up to run off of city water. I too don't want to come home and find thousands of gallons of water flowing out of my bays. Smiley I  have a switch in the bathroom that i can shut the pump off with and another in the bay next to the pump that i can also shut it off with. Makes it handy when i want to change the filter.... shut it off, crack the line to release the pressure and change the filter all within just a few minutes. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 05:23:39 PM »

I'm not smart enough to always remember to turn the pump off when I leave.
I also had a problem with a leaking valve that overfilled the grey tank. Only thing worse than waking up to grey water backing up into the shower is seeing the clean clothes (that I had stored in the shower) floating.  Shocked YUCK

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
steve wardwell

73 MCI 7 8/71T combo just happy to be here

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 07:17:24 PM »

You wouldn't believe how many boats flood and sink at the dock because of a broken fresh water line in the boat fed from a unlimited supply from shore. The numbers are astounding.

Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 10:38:28 AM »

Tom C.,
  I put the 2 pumps in as you suggeted. Only difference is I have all 1/2" lines. But it worked greaaaaat!! Grin The shower stayed at a nice constant, both in heat and pressure. This will hold me over till I get the hot water heater situation figured out and re-plumb the whole thing.

Just for a little more trivial info........
I bought one of the "Oxygenating shower heads" that are supposed to be so good and save lots of water, but I'm afraid they must work better with city pressure. It worked just fine but, I did not think it was "all that and a bag of chips". (definitely not worth the 40.00) I also have one of those little chome jobies, that look like a little megaphone, and it seems to work pretty good too. It shoots out water more like a mist. I have not compared the amount of water used by both of them yet, but my guess is the little chrome one uses less, possibly a lot less. The "oxygenating head" is supposed to save you water but that might be compared to a hose.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin lol  Just kidding, but I'm pretty sure the little chrome one saves more. The only drawback was rinsing your hair. For some of you, that may not be a big deal (no disrespect, just sayin Roll Eyes) but your wives might not like it. It took me a little longer as I have hair (from my head!) to about 3" above my belt. Stuck in the 70's, I guess.  Roll Eyes Grin Grin

Just thought I'd give ya an up date. Thanx again,
  Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 01:16:48 PM »

Interesting drift:  shower heads. 

We chose a hand held shower head (with hose).  The photo of the Camco unit is similar to what we have.  You can put the water right where you want it.  I am convinced that it saves a lot of water.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 02:07:13 PM »

Both of mine are hand held as well. The chrome one I made hand held with a 5" piece of PEX and fittings. I have never used it that way but it can reach the toilet for a squirt down if needed.  Grin

Chaz

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 08:10:03 AM »

I have a Camping World (say cheapy) hand held with a turn off valve built into it.  While a water saver shower head is nice, my theory is to cut off the water while washing, but then have full flow when running to shorten the rinse time.  I haven't ever measured the flow, but I'm guessing in the 1 gallon per minute range.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: