Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 05:26:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish I would have known  (Read 1492 times)
Zippymoe

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2010, 08:34:57 PM »

pd4106-117: Wish I would have known a year ago that I had power steering. 15 mins later and $6 in trans fluid I looked at my buddy thinking I broke the steering wheel or something as it turned left to right by the tip of my finger. Don't tell my girlfriend because she really believes me when I tell her that driving the bus is quite the workout.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:50:42 PM »

You're not alone. After 6 years of fighting with it, Southern Oregon Diesel fixed the power assist on my 4104...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
RoyJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »

In a moment of hope, I dashed into my old Prevost and attempted to turn the wheel with one finger. Almost broker the finger...

Nope, still no power steering.  Wink
cody

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 05:57:42 AM »

It's amazing what we find by accident, here after 8 years of looking for a decent motor and cleaning up the area in front I walk to the back of the bus to put a bunch of stuff in the trunk, wow, what a great place to hide an engine, in the trunk lol, looks to me like they stored it there cause I really don't think it'll fit up front at all.
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 06:35:47 AM »

the trunk was a hell of a place to hide the power steering reservoir too.  Cheesy
cody

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 06:46:34 AM »

Grin
gus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 02:13:24 PM »

If it is original you don't have power steering, you have a manual hydraulic assisted steering system.  It only works after the wheel is turned about 5-10 degrees and then it is wonderful, especially in tight parking situations.

While wheeling down a straight road it is strictly manual steering. I wish it were full time PS because it becomes work after three or four days of driving, but it isn't.

As you found out, it is far better than strictly manual steering and probably feels like you can do it with one finger - I've never been able to do that!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
bebackbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »

What you talkin' 'bout
willis?  Is there a resevoir hidden somewhere?  I sure would love to have power steering on the spare bus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: