Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 05:22:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: '62 Silver Eagle  (Read 849 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2006, 01:44:11 PM »

Im looking at a 1962 Silver Eagle with a 8V71 w/ 12,000 miles in it and a 4 speed tranny w/ 2000 miles on the clutch. Any comments on the vehicle or motor. The add say's possably converted in 2001.

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 02:34:39 PM »

My advice: Don't take anyone's word on the mileage, not only proof that it was done, but done by a pro.  I've seen overhauls blow in a very short time, usually done by a friend of a friend at a good price.

It seems that every bus I see for sale has a fresh engine.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 02:46:15 PM »

Thanks..good point and Ill add that to my list.

We've been looking for a bus now for about two months. Can't seem to find any within a days drive. Im sure at some point, we'll have to invest some money into travelling to see a bus. Looking at busses in Calif.; good rustfree busses / good deals, but Id be adding a few thousand in travel expenses to the cost of a $10,000. bus. But we are excited and keep plugging along. I see where some have searched for a year or so before finding one. The good thing is everyone I talk to about busses teach me something new. I ordered some books and magazines to continue learning and make me even more inpatiant for a bus..lol.

Anyone with leads on a bus in the northeast ??

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: