Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 13, 2015, 01:43:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Author Topic: What can I use for coolant reservoir tank?  (Read 1870 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 06:49:36 AM »

Harbor Freight portable air tank, $19, we have used them on the last 6 systems that we have installed

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 07:42:06 AM »

I use an expansion tank for my fresh water and for my webasto system. I paid less than $25 for each of them on ebay. Hard to build, convert or modify something for that little $.

Does the expansion tank you used have an inlet and outlet? 

I really would like something that can do both expansion tank and buffer tank.  Due to time constraints it is likely I will just buy an expansion tank with radiator cap from Sure Marine for about $150.  Yes, I could save $100 by doing it myself, but I just don't have the time to procure something and get extra nipples and such welded on.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Jump to: