Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 04:32:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redesigning bus generator bay ****PICS ADDED****  (Read 6340 times)
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 06:54:34 AM »

I'm amazed at the amount of heat apparently building up in the photo's that Joe posted!!!!  It looked like a fire looking for a place to start!  packing a generator in a tight compartment without heat wrap is just asking for a problem, excessive heat is a killer and shortens the life of the equipment!  I know they have been designed like this for years and these quiet gens are even more exposed to this heat. I evidently don't understand the thinking of installations like this.  I would think that getting the heat out of the compartment would be the most important component of a good installation, routing the exhaust, heat wrap, and good air movement through the compartment.  I thought that planning and remotely installing my radiator that this would allow more room for cooling air.  I even have a duct with fan just for the windings of the generator head itself!  Joe's isn't the first installation I've noticed like this.  I'm surprised there aren't more RV fires than there are!  But I'm probably wrong and not really capable of understanding these installations.   

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: