Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:29:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water Miser  (Read 726 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »

I just thought that I would pass this on.  After an earlier thread where some said that the Water Misers seemed to work well, I ordered 12 of them.  It turns out though that they do not fit my 8D batteries.  They will fit batteries with large holes that take the quarter-turn twist caps like many industrial batteries and golf carts, but mine have the narrower threaded caps.  The vender says that they are not made for this style battery.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 10:59:03 AM »

Just like you I discovered the same thing. Huh I guess I'll wait till I need new batteries and make sure everything fits. Undecided..Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 11:21:08 AM »

I actually called the manufacturer and suggested they make one or an adaptor for the RV market.  He acted like he was very interested and said that making an adaptor would be easy and would raise the height only about 1/4 inch.  I told him that he could see if Camping World was interested.  He said he would get back to me if they do it.  Long shot, but one never knows.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 12:31:18 PM »

Thanks Lin. Keep us posted on their follow through. I'd really like to be able to tell the wife that those are useful. Smiley She's still questioning my sanity on this whole bus thing. Tongue...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: