Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 05:17:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 NonRally at Palmetto Cove (upstate South Carolina)  (Read 10046 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2010, 05:40:05 AM »

2010 NonRally at Palmetto Cove (upstate South Carolina)

Mark your calendars
October 4th thru 10th (early arrival & staying later is welcome)
No reservations taken (will be easier to plan if you post your intentions here tho . . . )
No rally fee, just the ~$22/night campground fee that includes full hookups (elec, water, & sewer).
For meals, we will continue with the modified potluck - I'll have the main dish & everyone brings a side or a donation.

Theme is same as always  -- Eat & Greet

http://www.palmettocove.com/

Tentative Schedule:

Monday thru Friday noon - Wing it - depending on who is there & what 'we' want to do. There are many hiking trails & waterfalls in the area.
To see some of what is available:
http://www.sctrails.net/trails/MAPS/SCmap.html
(The Cove is in North West Greenville County & close to Northern Pickens county.)

Friday (10-9)
Supper - spaghetti

Saturday (10-10)
Breakfast -
Lunch - hot dogs & hamburgers
Supper - BBQ

Sunday (10-11)
Breakfast - biscuits & gravy, pastries
Lunch - leftovers

Post ideas & suggestions for the meals
Post your intentions & what you wish to bring. . . .  

Iíll need help with the meals Ė so please post or PM me so I can know what is covered. Some of the things needed:
Setting up chairs & tables
Preparing the meal
Serving
Clean up
Signing up to help only means working with what is already there, you won't have to buy anything, just grab a few friends to make sure things are ready when needed.

In the past, it's been a great way to socialize while making sure the meals are on time.

Bring your own plates, utensils, napkins, drinks & etc for meals.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:01:19 AM by HighTechRedneck » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
crown

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 07:08:24 AM »

hi kyle if we can find a temp motorhome soon we would like to come sounds like fun thanks. crown aka john / lidia from costa rica

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:03:07 AM »

2010 NonRally at Palmetto Cove (upstate South Carolina)
For meals, we will continue with the modified potluck - I'll have the main dish & everyone brings a side or a donation.

This is a GREAT rally.  We always do both (bring a side AND a donation) Still by far the cheapest rally you will ever attend.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 01:25:23 PM »

. . . . Still by far the cheapest rally you will ever attend.  Jack

It's a good thing you don't always get what you pay for.  Grin  Grin  Grin

For those that don't know, Jack & Paula attended the first non rally & were kind enough to offer the benefit of their experiences with hosting rallys.

Then there is Ed & Ann Galant - always there in the background helping out in ways I never knew - until afterwards.

There are many others who help out so much, it is the people attending that make this rally a success.

I'm so looking forward to it!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »

Kyle

Be ready I think i am going to be there to kill the big mosquitoes for you. "HUGGY" started up today for the first time in a while. Ready and rearing to run.

Look forward to seeing every one.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 02:24:17 PM »

We plan to be there unless dirt covers my face.  I will have my DR drive me if if I have to, lord knows he owes me for the Porsche payments I have made. Glen rice, I am counting on you as well.  I'm already grinning.
Gary

Gary
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 02:24:50 PM »

hi kyle if we can find a temp motorhome soon we would like to come sounds like fun thanks. crown aka john / lidia from costa rica

John,
You are SO lucky I read this! Last I heard Larry and Christy Hicks aka ( Christyhicks ) here on the board has the bus they bought to use while doing their conversion for sale. They call it "Temp bus". See ain't ya glad I read this.

Her email is ;      chicks@ionet.net
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 02:34:13 PM »

Quote from: JackConrad
. . . . Still by far the cheapest rally you will ever attend.  Jack

Jack there used to be a cheaper one in W. TN but we lost that property to I-69 ;(
there were no Rally fees or camping fees. (But we didn't have very nice parking places or facilities either)
But we didn't charge for the wrecker service either Wink

Quote from: kyle4501
It's a good thing you don't always get what you pay for.  Grin  Grin  Grin

Kyle I hear your rally's are an exceptional bargain. I hope someday in the near future to be able to start a tin tent project so's I can come see for myself!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »

We plan to be there unless dirt covers my face.  I will have my DR drive me if if I have to, lord knows he owes me for the Porsche payments I have made. Glen rice, I am counting on you as well.  I'm already grinning.
Gary

Gary,
   If neccessary, we can run over to your place and drive you motorhome to the Cove. I hope your back is good enough to do some kayaking at the cove or from your place after the rally.  Jack
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:28:07 PM by JackConrad » Logged

Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »

Jack,
I will keep you informed of my progress, thanks so much for the offer I know I can depend upon you and Paula for anything.  You see, that is what I am talking about or families here on these bb'ds!!  Jack is great man and has a wonderful wife.

As far as the kyaking, I do so hope I can do this, I will try if I do not get worse as now, If I have to I will use frogman flippers to paddle with.  LOL
Gary
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:04:53 PM by Gary LaBombard » Logged

Gary
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 06:28:26 PM »

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing Glen & Patsy along with everyone else!

uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 05:10:34 AM »

Hope to make this one.

I am tired of being stoped on my way. I think I am through with doctors for a while ,don't think I have any thing left to remove.

About the cheapest rally. the parking was nice just had to claim the right spot.Beautiful shade,nice cool brease
through the windows and nice view over the farm land.

Gary if i can help call.  might be a day trip getting the" fake" eagle over. LOL LOL but every one will help

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 01:14:39 PM »

How far is it from Knoxville Tn  or would be closer comming from Atlanta??Bob   S>W> Indiana

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 01:19:13 PM »

Per Streets & Trips, From Knoxville 161 miles, from Atlanta 165 miles.  Coming from Atlanta will involve less grades.  Jack
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:35:00 PM by JackConrad » Logged

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »

Looked at goodsam trip planner..Knoxville would be closer for me...I should have looked before asking  Roll Eyes would be nice to see old friends and make some new ones..so got to decide. go west to Mo about 6 1/2 hrs or east 8 1/2 S.C. thanks Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: