Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 23, 2014, 04:29:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 NonRally at Palmetto Cove (upstate South Carolina)  (Read 9778 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2010, 05:08:02 AM »

Great Friends, Great Food & Great Weather, what more could you ask for. It was great visiting with old friends and making new ones. I am sure no one left hungry. And to make it even better, Duke Energy released from Tuxedo Dam, so I got to run the Lower Green.  Well done Kyle, we are already looking forward to next year.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2010, 08:06:22 AM »

. . . .there will be a spring rally?   

Missed Ned and Wilma?!   Huh

JR and Terri

I believe the SouthEast BusNuts are having a Rally in April at Palmetto Cove.

Ned, since you weren't here there was nothing to diminish the gnats.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »

Sorry we missed the rally. We had looked forward to getting out again. But things happen.

Had to take my baby girl to duke friday. great trip down i85 and i40. 85 to 90 mph and no more than 10 feet between cars on friday afternoon.  That is the one reason "HUGGY" will never be on the interstate unless there is no other way.  Sorry about the gnats and mosquitos but i will be back in the spring to take care of them.

Sent ncbob down on saturday to straighten every one out.  JR for sure needed it.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2010, 04:59:18 PM »

For sure, NCBob straightened out Kyle's wallet!   Wink

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2010, 06:06:43 AM »

Bob brought up some nice things for the yard sale - at least I now have a big torque wrench.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Mike in GA

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2010, 09:52:10 AM »

I forget who it was that once said, small rallies are often better -they're a chance to get better acqainted with attendees, spend quality time, etc.  This one was just that!
     Thanks Kyle! We reallty enjoyed ourselves.
Mike in GA

Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 12 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »

Mike,
Thanks for all you did to help.

There is something about the quality of the company is often more important than the menu.  Grin

(& it was my menu . . .  Shocked  Roll Eyes  Huh )

NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2010, 12:56:30 PM »

I was waiting for this post to thank Kyle, Gary LaBombard, and Jon for their patronage to my offerings.

Kyle, I almost caved in to your offering of $20 for all that 12 ga wire but I felt Jack would be more fair at Arcadia this year.

Jackie Darling and I had a great time visiting with all our old friends and Simon was one sleepy pup on the way home.

Thanks for the great Hamburgers...lunch was great.  And yes, Eric's but was THE highlight. But since I'm an OLD bus fan I still yearn for the Flexible!

Jackie & Bob (NCbob)

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2010, 01:30:45 PM »

And yes, Eric's but was THE highlight. 

This deserves further explanation..... Grin

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »

I was waiting for this post to thank Kyle, Gary LaBombard, and Jon for their patronage to my offerings.

Kyle, I almost caved in to your offering of $20 for all that 12 ga wire but I felt Jack would be more fair at Arcadia this year.

Jackie Darling and I had a great time visiting with all our old friends and Simon was one sleepy pup on the way home.

Thanks for the great Hamburgers...lunch was great.  And yes, Eric's but was THE highlight. But since I'm an OLD bus fan I still yearn for the Flexible!

Jackie & Bob (NCbob)

Bob,

I hope you didn't give them all the bargains.

Were you wearing a mask when Kyle opened that wallet.....Hard to get all that dust off.....

Look forward to seeing You and Jackie soon....

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2010, 12:52:46 PM »

Cliff, I didn't see the dust but most everything after his initial purchase was destined to put me on Welfare if I'd have accepted his offer.

Eric's Eagle was the culmination of 10 years of dilligent work. A real Beauty. Hope he'll make Arcadia this year.

Don't blink your eyes, brother, it's colder'n a whore's heart up here...we might just be there before you know it!

NCbob

Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2010, 01:12:26 PM »

For your viewing pleasure!

Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2010, 01:18:56 PM »

P.S. Had to add this one for NCBOB!!

Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2010, 01:31:10 PM »

One more.

NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2010, 01:43:30 PM »

Great Pic's Eric but you didn't post one of your bus so the rest of the Eagle owners could eat their hearts out!

And thanks for gettting the back of my head when I was under Kyles tent with Paula, JR, Linda LaB and Terry. But then...I'm not perfect either.  But like you...my bus is!

Thanks for the pics.

NCbob

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: