Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 07:15:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI foggy side windows  (Read 1270 times)
tasmankdr

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2010, 06:13:53 AM »

We have a 102DLS3 and have replaced thermo windows in the past but they are now over $600 each from MCI.  Have looked in archives regarding foggy windows and most topics are for older MCI coaches.  Does anyone have any names of companies that can "suck" the fog out of them and reseal the windows.  I have talked to several transit company owners and there is a process and some people somewhere that does this.  We would like to contact a company within a five state area contiguous to Ohio.  We thank you in advance for your suggestions.
stevet903

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 07:03:03 AM »

These guys are in Florida, but they do what you want.   You could always ship, but it may end up rivaling the $600 from MCI....

http://www.suncoastdesigners.com/

Steve
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:16:20 AM »

I look after a D3 here for our hockey team. The double pane windows do get fogged up on a regular basis. I have bought some from Crystal Glass in Calgary for IIRC $300 and change. They take them apart and rebuild them. They supply several local bus companies. So you should ask bus charter companies around your area where they get theirs. Also last year, someone nearby was converting a C3, and gave me 5 or 6 windows. That was great. I still have 3, but am keeping them. Grin

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 09:23:30 AM »

The problem is that you have water in the air.

What you really want are nitrogen-filled windows, and I don't know who would do those.

It's not hard to do it yourself.  Have a glass shop drill a hole in one lower corner of your inner glass (make sure to have enough clearance for your escape-window release mechanism, and then put one in the opposite upper corner.  Epoxy a couple of metal Schrader valves (tire valves) over the holes, and pull the core on the upper one.  Go to Airgas and get a big tank of nitrogen, hook up to the lower Schrader valve and flood the air gap between windows with it.  Once you're confident you have driven out all of the air, put the valve back in the top one. 

BTW, any leftover nitrogen is GREAT to fill your tires with.  Do the steers first.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 11:37:10 AM »

go to florida for winter..get done while there....good excuse to road trip..or just remove one pane of glass going to single glaze...lose some efficiency..prob not that much for one or two..

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: