Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 06:47:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement - Coming up starting Saturday (08/14/2010)  (Read 2752 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« on: August 12, 2010, 04:19:08 AM »

Fellow bus nuts, when this forum started it was a small group of friends discussing buses.  It has grown to be a very large group of friends mostly discussing buses, but also a wide range of shared interests.  We are seeing many new members joining who are 1st time bus nuts, including many who are younger than most of us were when we first became addicted to these wonderful metallic beasts and that bodes very well for the future of the hobby.  The forum has grown to have many thousands of threads containing a mind boggling amount of bus nut knowledge and experiences that will no doubt help future bus nuts for many years to come.  This is all good!  We are glad to be a part of it and excited about the direction it is all going.

A few threads, situations, and offline discussions have demonstrated that with all this growth has also come the need to develop a more thorough and formal “Terms of Use” document similar to those found on many other sites.  It has been great having a half page of text that could be read in under a minute.  But as things grow, it has become evident that we need to cover all the bases.  Not doing so would be irresponsible and careless of us given the important repository of knowledge this forum has become.

So, we have carefully drafted a Terms of Usage and a Privacy Policy that is consistent with common practice among many sites and yet customized to fit the needs and context of this forum and BCM.  Starting Saturday, 08/14/2010, the next time you visit the forum you will be prompted to review and accept the new Terms of Use.  It replaces the Member Agreement you saw when you first registered.  This prompt won’t come up again after you review and accept the terms.  But you will be able to review the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy anytime by clicking a new menu bar button labeled “Forum Rules.”  You are also encouraged to check the "Forum Rules" thread at the top of the All Topics board from time to time.

BCM and the Moderating Team thank you for your participation in this forum and know that it is you, not us, that make this a great place for bus nuts to share their knowledge/experience and ask questions.
cody

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:05:38 AM »

Mike, this is an outrage, first we have rules next we'll need to buckle our seat belts during bingo night, I'm appauled, I'm affranked, dammit here comes the banjos, I told you we can't do this, if I want to hold my seat belt in with duct tape I can do that, THIS IS AMERICA DAMMIT, what were we talking about anyway? Oh yeah banjos!!!!, why not guitars why just banjos we have enough banjos now, just wonder thru a swamp in georgia and listen carefully, and accordians what do you have against polka's, next they'll be outlawed too, you young whippersnappers think that just because you've got your parking spot at the proctology clinic your more important than those of us that dare polps, a polp wouldn't have guts to show up and even if it did a good bowl of chili would tear it out by the roots, so there, put that in your pipe and smoke it, where did I leave my meds, somebody is always taking my meds and hiding them and who moved the couch and chair, and why is my car in the driveway next door.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 06:14:17 AM »

Banjos, did you say banjos. I don't want to hear banjos when we are kayaking. Oh yeah, we WILL paddle faster if we hear banjos.   Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 06:24:19 AM »

Cody, yew parently ein't fum around h'yah or yew wudn't be slightin dem banjos.  Da last accordian playin feller dat tried ta play one of dem dare polka tunes got his self stomped out back a yonder barn.  Geetah's is might fine.  Fiddle's too.  Accodian's iz even fine, but we h'yah draw da line at dem durned polkas.
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 06:25:48 AM »

That is the sound of brakes squealing, right??  Roll Eyes

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »

Cody, you quak me up! Are you on dem funny pills again! Grin

I'm sure glad Mike decided to do this on Saturday and not on Friday the 13th!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 08:45:24 AM »

disappointed! reinvent the wheel?? more truth to Cody"s post{  read between lines/ if its not broken don't fix it.Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 08:52:50 AM »

... if its not broken don't fix it.Bob

That is a philosophy I generally do try to follow in most things.  Unfortunately as was pointed out in some recent threads, the existing one was broke.  And on closer legal analysis, it was more broken than originally suspected.  Those breaks left unattended, just like with mechanical problems on our buses, can cause more serious problems and potentially even lead to catastrophic problems that can endanger the existence of the business and the forum.
Eric

Currently in Northeast Ohio

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 08:56:41 AM »

Broken? Fixed? I thought there was going to be PIE at this meeting? Where's the Pie?
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 09:10:41 AM »

I'm not a lawyer or a certified mechanical or electrical engineer so does that mean I'm not legaly qualified to post?  I liked it here because of the absence of better than everyone professionals..we will wait and see...to many rules...Graduate from the school of hard knocks..just me Bob...will wait and see....enough big brother!

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 09:45:41 AM »

Please do wait and see before thinking too harshly of us.  It really isn't bad. And no, it doesn't put judgmental requirements on who is qualified to post.  I'm not particularly fond of lawyers either, but in this day an age, there are too many of them looking for opportunities.  And there are too many people these days that when they get upset, their first thought is to "get even" via a lawyer.

One area previously neglected that the Terms of Use does spell out is the issue of copyrights of posts.  In short, the perosn posting keeps copyright ownership of what they post, but grants an irrevocable license for us to publish it on the forum and in the magazine (typically in the "bus chat" feature).  And it even details a method for excepting your posts from being published in the magazine in case someone doesn't want their posts used.

One thing I can say with pretty good certainty, anyone that uses Google mail, Yahoo mail, Yahoo Groups, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, shopped online, or has any kind of software on their computer (including the opertaing system and web browser) has already agreed to much more stringent and complex agreements than this one.
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »

I think the posts regarding this issue prove beyond a shadow of a doubt.... once and for all... Until the cows come home...

That we bus owners aren't right in the head.  Huh Huh Shocked Grin

I'd be afraid of us if I wasn't one of us... er ..well, you know what I meant.

P.S. The fact that each of you knew what i meant proves my point exactly.

RB

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 10:17:44 AM »

Banjo's make excellent emergency paddles...so take one on your next trip!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 10:45:33 AM »

Badges?
What badges?
We don't need no stinking badges.

Grin  Grin  Grin

BTW,
I don't think the new "terms & agreements" will 'change' anything concerning how most of us use this board - but rather, they will explain things better up front so there are no fewer surprises later.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 10:50:20 AM »

I get the banjos, that makes perfect sense to me! I even understand the need for the copyright thing. What about the posts and time for the poster to be able to edit it?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:52:13 AM by happycamperbrat » Logged

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: