Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 01:47:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to help someone find a part they need to repair a seat mechanism  (Read 550 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« on: August 14, 2010, 09:28:48 AM »

I just got a call from someone that has a seated Thomas bus (a church uses it).  The seats were replaced about 10 years ago with reclining passenger seats that were made by/for Neoplan.

There is a small pneumatic cylinder that allows the seat to recline and return (tiny version of the type used on minivans and hatchbacks).  They are starting to have a problem with ones that will go back but not stay back up and believe it to be those air cylinders.  They and their mechanic have searched for the replacement part without luck.

Is anybody here familiar with that kind of seat and what they can do about that.  Are there any places that can supply the actual replacement parts?  If not are there generic stock cylinders that would be compatible?
James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »

Good place to start for gas springs:
http://www.easylift.com

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:35:45 PM »

Mike when I get out to the shop next time I will take a picture of the ones ours Setra seats use and post it to see if they are compatible!
If so I may know where some could be found Wink!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: