Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 05:05:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Load of Carp.......  (Read 1925 times)
Hartley

Ignore
« on: August 21, 2006, 06:01:09 PM »

I emailed someone to ask about a radiator...

What I got back was a load of CARP.....

( Like if you have to ask, You can't afford my parts ! )

Anybody else wanna take potshots at me... Go for it !

Anyone?Huh?

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:28:12 PM »

Carp?  In a radiator? 

Doesn't that hinder cooling? 

Or is that a good way to cook them?

Cheesy

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 07:34:53 PM »

Carp?  In a radiator? 

Doesn't that hinder cooling? 

Or is that a good way to cook them?

Cheesy

Ha... You know I didn't even think about that. Wonder how many hours it would take to slow cook up in the blower
compartment on my MC9...Huh??

Let's see baked potatoes on the turbo pipe wrapped in aluminum foil?

Sure would save prep time at the rallies.... Roll Eyes Shocked Shocked

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:42:11 PM »

When I worked in the oil field, we used to cook lunch on the engine manifold of the work truck. Canned soup, raviolli, etc. Put it on about 30 minutes before lunch. Hot lunch in the middle of nowhere. Sure beat balogna sandwiches.

It was best when there was a catskinner on site and we could put the cans on his turbo for a few minutes. Just had to make sure you poked a vent hole it it. Catskinners get real upset when a can of raviolli explodes all over their engine!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 08:23:39 PM »

CARPe Diem .. Life is too short to worry about the radiator.   Wink

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
JerryH

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 08:39:46 PM »

...It was best when there was a catskinner on site and we could put the cans on his turbo for a few minutes. Just had to make sure you poked a vent hole it it. Catskinners get real upset when a can of raviolli explodes all over their engine!

Holy crap Craig ... that reminds me of an incident  when I was in the Army.

We went to Germany for an excercise.  While our unit was waiting in an old single story barracks-type building, there was a coal stove keeping the room roasty toastie.  Not far in the distant was A-10 Vulcan firing on the range, plus other artillery.

Someone in the unit put a can of spaggetti O's (or something of the like) ... putting NO holes in the can.  I'll tell you what.  It was funnier that Sh*t!!  In short order, the can took all it could.  With a loud boom, the can exploded -- the Private who put the can on the stove hit the deck (with a scream) thinking incoming "something" was hitting the building (saying something to the effect, "I've been hit!").  Red sauce was on the ceiling, him and pretty much everything within close proximity.

A memory I shall not soon forget.

Jerry H.
*guess you had to be there*
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 06:04:41 AM »

When I worked in the oil field, we used to cook lunch on the engine manifold of the work truck. Canned soup, raviolli, etc. Put it on about 30 minutes before lunch. Hot lunch in the middle of nowhere. Sure beat balogna sandwiches.

It was best when there was a catskinner on site and we could put the cans on his turbo for a few minutes. Just had to make sure you poked a vent hole it it. Catskinners get real upset when a can of raviolli explodes all over their engine!

This is Too Funny.......

I found out that there is a book called "Manifold Destiny" on this very subject. I have not read it yet, but I'm told that there are quite a few recipe's with locations and times (miles).

The book is available on Amazon too........

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 06:17:21 AM »

Yeah, I bet the red sauce really freaked him out.

BTW, don't ever put an unopened bottle of beer in a camp fire. And don't ask me how I know this Roll Eyes

Holy crap Craig ... that reminds me of an incident  when I was in the Army.

And by way, didn't you mean, "Holy carp Craig..." ?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 05:05:12 AM by gumpy » Logged

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 07:23:03 PM »

This thread if priceless!  I'm sittin' here laughing like a fool, and the wife is in the next room watching TV, wondering what the heck is wrong with me...
Somebody should save the good posts on this board and put 'em in a book one day!  You guys are nutz!
Dennis
Hi Yo Silver!

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 07:33:53 PM »

Bottle of beer in the campfire? Roll Eyes  Well, how about a bottle of wine in our bus, in this carrpy old 102-105 degree weather. . it got so hot inside the bus that it pushed the cork 1/2 way out of the bottle! Angry

The good news is, I added 10' to Larry's building-to-be, and then figured out a different configuration so that we could fit BOTH busses in the shop to store them.  All it took was a call to the building guy to change another door to a 12' tall one, and Larry will still have 3 bays left for working on vans.  This way, neither TempBus or BigBus will be forced to sit and cook in the sun all day, every day, like they did this summer. Tongue

Now, if it will stop raining, they can pour the concrete and as soon as the building package shows up, we'll be in business.  Carpy rain!  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 05:01:56 AM »

CARPe Diem .. Life is too short to worry about the radiator.   Wink

I thought "CARPe Diem" meant "Sieze the fish" .

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 05:17:07 AM »

We used it to describe the local car lots who "sold" cars  on a daily payment schedule. . ."car pay per diem" Wink Cheesy

OK, OK, I know that was stretching it a bit Roll Eyes. . I was coming up empty and had to dig to the bottom of the barrel of, well, carp Grin.  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 12:00:27 PM »

Bottle of beer in the campfire? Roll Eyes  Well, how about a bottle of wine in our bus, in this carrpy old 102-105 degree weather. . it got so hot inside the bus that it pushed the cork 1/2 way out of the bottle! Angry
Once upon a time I had a beautiful 25th anniversary T-top Vette.  On my wedding day I let my bride drive it to the church.  She had a 4 year old boy from a previous marriage and he rode with her.  Also in the car was a bottle of expensive Champaigne that had been personalized for the event.  Unfortunately, Larry (the 4 year old) was playing with the bottle.  After a couple rounds of telling him to put it down she grabbed it from him and sat it down too hard.  Probably from a combination of the agitation, hard landing and Murphy's Law, it blew.  It sprayed all over the cabin of the Vette. It got into every seam and crevice.  I guess we were lucky it didn't crack the T-top and that she didn't get pulled over and sited for an open container.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: