Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 05:06:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water Pump  (Read 576 times)
MikeH

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2010, 09:02:27 PM »

What kind of water pump do you all use? Yesterday's mail brought a Northern Tool catalog and for some reason I ended up in the water pump section. They had plenty to choose from. Most are 110/120V, but some were 12V for RV's. Is it better to run a 12V right off the battery or to run the 110 through the inverter? If you get the 12V and your coach is wired for 24V then what do you do? Also, I have heard of some systems with a pressure tank in addition to the pump? Is that necessary and/or helpful?

Thanks for your input.

Mike

"It just ain't fair! How come the good guys always win?" -Bad Jack Cutter
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:01:15 AM »

They make 24v and 48v water pumps for buses and boats.  Mine are 12vdc and is the Shurflo Whisper pump-I use two in parallel.  When showering, I kick on both, then if someone uses a sink, you don't feel it.  The Shurflo Whisper is of an older design using a mechanical pressure switch.  I was at the Albuquerque Rally two years ago and the Shurflo factory rep said if you want dirt reliability-use the old style pumps.  The newer high flow pumps are great when they work, but don't like any dirt getting into them.  Personally-I'm going to use two of the Whisper pumps again on my truck conversion.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: