Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 01:23:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8V92's out of boat  (Read 4642 times)
cody

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 07:52:25 AM »

Only other motor that will bolt up to the bell housing is the cadillac 472, remember this is front wheel drive with a toronado style front drive.  What is being suggested is running the air intake for the massive 4 barrel up to the front grill to get a cooler air supply, changing the 2 inch exhaust to a larger exhaust with headers and advancing the distributor while running high test, I ran the idea past a guy at the chevy shop down town and he said that could make a big difference, it's already got duel exhaust and a massive 4 barrel but the gas mileage is horrible, me and jamie put a new teak interior in the revcon back in 2004 and replaced everything in the update from the roof ac to the converter to a new water heater, shocks, a total redo of it.  It handles like a sports car now but the mileage definately needs improvement.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 07:56:35 AM »

Cody,

I'm sure you already know this, but.... Back in the day a lot of RV folks destroyed their big 440's by running them too lean trying to save fuel.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
cody

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 08:09:48 AM »

Len, Marty Moore is kinda like Don Fairchild in a lot of ways, marty has been a revcon service guy since 1971, there isn't much about revcon that he doesn't know, where don knows and understands detroits, marty understands revcons, what he is advising isn't leaning out the mixture but actually running it richer but with more air available and cleaner evacuation of the exhaust, by increasing the octane rating to 92 or better and advancing the distributor slightly the mileage should improve conciderably.  The revcon will already squeal the tires now lol, it's got a powerhouse but the failing is the poor mileage.
cody

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 08:18:41 AM »

We're kinda hijacking this thread, I'll start another so we can get back to picking on don and bk lol.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 09:08:23 AM »

Cody  you could get a lot more than 15 mpg by replacing that big old GM motor with a VW rabbit diesel. Of course the only way it would move is down hill. 

Have a nice day

uncle ned

Ned isn't south down hill?
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: