Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 12:26:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need thermostatic controller for hydraulic fan on Eagle  (Read 861 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« on: August 23, 2006, 04:39:56 AM »

i've got a thermostatic controller for my hydraulic engine fan that was spraying oil, so we tied it off and the fan runs full speed.  i want to get a new hydralic thermostatic controller put it before it gets cold so that itdoesn't run full speed when it shouldn't.  suggestions on parts yards that might have one, or a method of repairing.  if you know what it looks like, the hydraulic half seem to have come loose from the sensor section that bolts into the coolant pipes.  if you don't hold it together, oil squirts out.  if this should go onto a separate post, someone just tell me and i'll start a new question. or just send an answer to my email.
thanks

I moved this to a new topic so will get more attention.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 05:46:00 AM »

"Bump" - hope this helps Jack - Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 10:41:35 AM »

As of 4 months back Norris at Jefferson Truck and Bus said he had a couple of model numbers in stock. My valve is a little sticky too but I have not bought and replaced the piece yet. I took mine apart and cleaned it up and then installed a solenoid in the circuit so I can fip a switch and get full fan output no matter what. Nice feature for going up the big bumps.

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: