Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 06:31:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8v92 DDEC II ECM Needed  (Read 3582 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 07:11:27 AM »

Sam,
Just be sure that the wire going straight from the battery is fused! Quality weather proof inline fuse holders can be found @ NAPA, or you local truck parts supplier.

And ya Prevost had separate shut off switches for 12 and 24 V systems.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »

Hi BK,

Thanks for the reminder. Whoever wired the power to the ECM ran a fused #2 wire to a terminal block in the cabinet above the drivers seat. Then branched off the terminal block with an unfused #8 wire the the relay. Then ran an unfused #8 wire to a terminal block in the rear electrical compartment. From there they branched off with #12 wire to two 15 amp and one 6 amp self resetting MCI circuit breakers and finally to the ECM. When I removed the relay I put in a fuse holder and a 30 amp fuse in it's place so now the #8 wire running the length of the bus is fused. I am confused as to why they ran a wire to the front of the bus, through a relay and then to the rear of the bus instead of putting the relay in the battery compartment. I will never know because the previous owner is no longer living.

I am still concerned about the self resetting breakers instead of fuses that feed the ECM. My thought being that if there is a problem I would rather have a fuse blow instead of a circuit breaker resetting. Your thoughts please.

Thanks, Sam MC8

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 05:34:48 PM »

I agree, an automatic reset circuit breaker on the ECM could lead to insanity Cry

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: