Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 06:23:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8v92 DDEC II ECM Needed  (Read 3839 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 07:11:27 AM »

Sam,
Just be sure that the wire going straight from the battery is fused! Quality weather proof inline fuse holders can be found @ NAPA, or you local truck parts supplier.

And ya Prevost had separate shut off switches for 12 and 24 V systems.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »

Hi BK,

Thanks for the reminder. Whoever wired the power to the ECM ran a fused #2 wire to a terminal block in the cabinet above the drivers seat. Then branched off the terminal block with an unfused #8 wire the the relay. Then ran an unfused #8 wire to a terminal block in the rear electrical compartment. From there they branched off with #12 wire to two 15 amp and one 6 amp self resetting MCI circuit breakers and finally to the ECM. When I removed the relay I put in a fuse holder and a 30 amp fuse in it's place so now the #8 wire running the length of the bus is fused. I am confused as to why they ran a wire to the front of the bus, through a relay and then to the rear of the bus instead of putting the relay in the battery compartment. I will never know because the previous owner is no longer living.

I am still concerned about the self resetting breakers instead of fuses that feed the ECM. My thought being that if there is a problem I would rather have a fuse blow instead of a circuit breaker resetting. Your thoughts please.

Thanks, Sam MC8

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 05:34:48 PM »

I agree, an automatic reset circuit breaker on the ECM could lead to insanity Cry

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: