Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 01:07:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need part numbers please/help please - MC9 headlights  (Read 2499 times)
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 05:39:18 PM »

Well, in theory using the voltage tester might help, but it won't necessarily tell you what bulbs you have in there. If you measure 24 volts on the drivers side wires, you might assume you have
24 volt bulbs, but there a high likelyhood you'd be wrong.

MC9s came with 12v bulbs installed in series on a 24v feed. However, in the years preceeding the MC9, the bulbs were indeed 24v bulbs, and they transitioned to 12v bulbs in the very early MC9s. Yours is one of the very early MC9s if it is 1979, and therefore, it's entirely possible your bus came with 24v bulbs in it. The only way to know for certain is to trace the wiring and see how it's
wired, or look at the existing bulbs to see what they are (assuming someone didn't already make the mistake of putting 24v bulbs in place of the 12v bulbs; which would burn dimly  Cool )

I would have probably been wrong then because I would have bought bulbs for whatever voltage I got on the volt meter. Of course I would have tested the volts at the actual socket where it plugs into each bulb. This 12V in series is good info to learn..especially since I'm buying an MC-9 tomorrow. Are MC-9 stock marker & clearence lights  also 24V?Huh

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 07:52:36 PM »

Unless it's been changed, all the other lights on your MC9 will be 24 volts.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
steve wardwell

73 MCI 7 8/71T combo just happy to be here

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 08:05:17 PM »

1 question have you ever seen the lights run correctly?  if yes you have, then the possability of having a 24 in a 12v is out of the Question

Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: