Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 11:03:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4104 question. What color are the rear corner marker lenses?  (Read 1241 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:16:28 PM »

As I began putting the finishing touches on wiring I began tracking a little marker light problem....then I noticed something I haven't noticed in 2 years.  My left rear marker light is orange and the R rear is red.  I prefer the red so if anyone wants to trade I'll trade yah.
That being said the red one seems aftermarket....it has part #'s  and a brand name (which I have already forgotten).

steve wardwell

73 MCI 7 8/71T combo just happy to be here

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:52:42 PM »

I think red on the corners,red 3 center at the top, red brakes port and starb ,and amber signals port and starb white tag lite, and red reflectors at the rear  but visable from the sides, and white back ups

Sometimes the more I think about something the less I think about something.    As soon as I save a little money my bus finds out.                                      Why grab a plane when you can take the bus ?                         If I'm wrong 10% of the time how can the "Queen" be right 100%
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:00:49 PM »

They are supposed to be red.
Does yours look like this? If so, I'd like to trade with you.

The number on my red one is "PILOT 7930L S.A.E."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:04:01 PM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
zubzub

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »

Is that a left rear orange or red?  My RR rear  is red my LR is orange.  I would like to have two reds.  My RR is a Pilot but I did not write down the #s my LR has no markings  visible from the outside.

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 04:41:11 AM »

The picture is of an orange one, I have both.
The number came off a red one.

The PD4501 used the same red lens as the 4104 in the rear. The 4501 used the same shape lens for the front, except the color was amber (orange).

That is why I have both.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
zubzub

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 05:36:02 AM »

So you want to trade your red LR my orange LR?

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 05:55:19 AM »

So you want to trade your red LR my orange LR?
Yes I do.
I'll send you a PM

gus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 12:44:04 PM »

Zub, both my rear corner lights are amber, came that way. The center three are red??

There isn't much doubt in my mind that all the rear were originally red but I'm leaving them amber.

Mine are not original, they are plastic and not too hard to find. I got a couple of new ones on the internet but don't remember now where. I can find out if you need to know.

In my case the color is academic, none of my running lights work since the rears shorted out a while back!! I disconnected the rears but the fronts just decided to quit a short time later also??

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 01:06:49 PM »

Turn indicators facing forward maybe either white or orange.  Forward facing upper clearance lights (left and right sides with 3 in the middle) are orange.  Any side clearance light is orange.  Rear side and 3 inner clearance lights must be red.  Rear facing running light and stop light must be red.  Dedicated turn indicator light maybe orange (and only when turning, no running light), or all red.  This is the DOT lighting scheme now. Whatever the bus had on it when you bought it (like orange side lights in the rear) don't matter to the DOT when they write you an incorrect lighting ticket.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 01:40:55 PM »

Mine are not original, they are plastic and not too hard to find. I got a couple of new ones on the internet but don't remember now where. I can find out if you need to know.
Hey Gus,
I'd be interested in knowingmore about the plastic replacements. I've looked, but can't seem to find any that match the OEM lens.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: